Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shiang Posts: 154, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 02:09 AM
    Am I misinterpreting what he is trying to tell me?
    There is a friend of mine, we have been close friends since I was 10 until now I am 16. I love him more than anything in the world. It seems like he is the most wonderful person. He is so sensitive and protective, in a gentle way. And all the 3 years we had been apart[he had moved and back then I didn't know what exchanging numbers was], I was looking for him, anywhere he maybe. And I found him again. He is still the wonderful him and the extra details of him I learn that are added to the him I remembered. I love them too. We talk, every nearly night about everything, anything, and even nothing.

He would keep me up so I wouldn't take naps to sleep away my day. He would worry that I get sick when I fell asleep on the table while talking to him on the phone.

He would say things even when I tried to find everything thing against it to see if he would back down, like a test.
    When we somehow got on the topic of hate, he told me "I don't think I can every hate you." I try to give him every reason to and I ask him why. He tells me "I don't know. Because I like you. You are a good person."

He'd do things like ask me if I'm busy, and if I said yes, he would leave me alone for a while, yet he stays up late to do his work because he is staying up to talk with me.
    Once, when he had an important performance the next day, he stayed up until 3:40am with me. When I asked him why he didn't sleep early he told me starting again with "I don't know. I like talking to you."

On the valentine's weekend, he was with me the entire day and he would make me listen to some songs of his right before midnight.

The latest he's told me is "I don't know how I feel."

Am I confusing this with friendly signals or something else?
    I want to tell him that I love him but I am not sure if I really should or not. :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:23 AM

Hi, Shiang!

It sounds like your friend cares very much about you! Just from my perspective, I would suggest taking the chance and telling him that you love him. Even if the two of you might not become really close with each other, at least he would know how you feel.

What musical instrument does he play, or is he a singer, please?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Shiang!

It sounds like your friend cares very much about you! Just from my perspective, I would suggest taking the chance and telling him that you love him. Even if the two of you might not become really close with each other, at least he would know how you feel.

What musical instrument does he play, or is he a singer, please?

Thanks!
    Would it be... too early to tell him? I just feel like everything would snap and go down the drain if I mess up.

Oh he's been violinist since ever. :)
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:33 AM

You've known him for a number of years. I don't think that it would be too soon. Of course the two of you need to get through with your schooling and decide on what you each want to do for yourselves in your own lives before getting involved in something serious with each other.

Do you play a musical instrument?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 02:46 AM

I've asked him before what he wanted to be, and his answer led me to believe he was still unsure. But I wish to do something in the art department, like illustration. I guess I could wait until then, I've waited over 5 years so why not. :)

Unfortunately, no. I'm more into a quiet kind of expression[?] than the kind where people can hear.

No, I should thank you for your insight! :o
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:48 AM

Here's another idea for you! Would you like to give him something that will express how you feel that he could play on his violin?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 02:52 AM

Oh! That would be nice! I just have to hunt for the right piece that would express well. :)
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:58 AM

I could write the music for you! What I'm suggesting is that you write the words so that it could be a song. If you give him something like that, it might help you to know more about how he feels about you.

Have you ever written poetry or the lyrics for a song?

What do you think?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 03:01 AM

Oh wow. If it is not too much trouble. I actually am not very good at poetry or lyrics or many other pieces that the teachers make us write in english. :c But I could give it a try.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:08 AM

I can help you to write the lyrics. It doesn't have to be a long song, just something to express how you feel about him, or maybe something else that you would like to write to him.

What is your native language, please?

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 03:17 AM

I want to tell him... that I love him and I've always have. And that I will wait for him until the end of time. I bet that sounds silly. I think I'll have a better time writing something later in the day haha. It's actually about 3am around here.

My native language would be Vietnamese, though I'm illiterate. :c
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:28 AM

It's about 5:20 A.M. where I am. What you wrote and want to say doesn't sound silly at all!

Putting something in song form that you love him and will wait for him until the end of time would be great! However, please remember that both of you still need to finish up with your schooling and have lots of things to experience first as individuals. So, maybe something in a song that doesn't sound so permanent about the future just yet.

If we write a song together, we had better start a new thread. If you start something in the Writing forum topic area, that is an area that I moderate, and if something goes "oops!" I can fix it.

You could title such a thread How To Write a Song to the One I love.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:30 AM
    By the way, I know that your not illiterate! LOL! ;)

Mar 16, 2009, 03:37 AM

Wow did you wake early or still up late?
    Of course, school first. I will keep all that in mind. :)

I'd love that but I will later in the day, if that is okay. I'm about to hit the sack.

I am so illiterate! In my native language that is. x)
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:41 AM

Sure, later is fine! I'm usually here pretty late at night. We seem to be about two hours difference in time. Are you in the United States or somewhere else, please?

I haven't been to bed yet and should be "hitting the sack" really soon, too!

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009, 03:44 AM

I can't sleep so I'll be up late also. I'm on the far west side of the United States. Are you in the United States as well?

Have a good night or morning haha. :)
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:47 AM

I'm in the mid-western U.S. The exact location is under my name. I'll be back on here at probably around 9:00 P.M. your time tomorrow.

You have a good night or morning, too! :)
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:48 AM
    I forgot one thing. Please click on the following link and let me know if you like the music that is there?

YouTube - Edward and Bella - River flows in you (twilight)

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search