Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msarahroz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Boston Terrier Poops in house
    7 month, male, Boston goes outdoors and poops heavily three times a day but will still find a way to poop in the house. Different sites on the NET talk about a special training method for Boston Terriers that is guarunteed to stop your dog from craping in the house for $49.95. I'm at my witts end over this pooch. Has anyone any idea how to srop this pooping dog? And has anyone tried this special method that's being sold on the NET?:( :( :( :(
    MarikMom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 10:22 AM
    Wow, I thought I was the only one. No I haven't tried the online thing. Something tells me it doesn't work though. You have a realativly small dog, I have a 120lb Akita that does the same thing. You may have noticed a particular spot that he/she likes to do it in. If you have try blocking them out of it. That may help. You could also try using a heavily scented something to keep them out of the area. Something like a rag soaked in pacculli or cedar seems to work well with small dogs. Basically it seems to deter them from wanting to puit their scent there. It doesn't work with my dog, but I've known smaller dogs that it's worked wonders with. Good Luck!
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Two things I would do/did:

1) Take him out more often and lots and lots of praise when he goes outside.

2) Keep him in sight indoors at all times so keep the doors closed to bedrooms if your in the living room, etc... when he starts or it looks like he's about to go, scold him, yell, clab your hands, startle him somehow so he will stop, go over pick him up, carry him outside, and let him finish and then lots of praise/reward again.

If your consistent, he'll figure it out! Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jack Russel Terrier [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know where i can adopt a jack russel terrier puppy 8-11 weeks old in cali?

Boston terrier [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old boston terrier. He has blood in his poop. Is this something I should be worried about ? I call the v et and she said it's probably OK.

Pitt mix poops in crate everyday [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: So, I have a 3 1/2 month old pitt bull mix puppy, Maddox. I have had him since he was 8 weeks, so about a month and a half. I got him from the local animal shelter. He has had a crate since the first day, but for about the first week, he slept in my bed with me. I realized that for...

6 month old boston terrier pooping in cage [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 month old boston terrier poops in her cage every time that we leave the house (not only does she poop, but she stomps on it and smears it all around the cage and on herself). It doesn't matter how we are gone, 30 minutes or 8 hrs! She never did this before - it just started last month when we...

Boston Terriers [ 1 Answers ]

I hate to give an answer that may not be much help, but I must tell you how glad I am that you are giving a rescue dog a second chance. I hope you are working with a good rescue that will be sure to make a successful placement. Maybe your rescue would be the best place to find out about a good...

View more questions Search