Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Thinking about taking your car to Jiffy Lube? Think again...
    http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx

There is a special place in heck for the district manager.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2006, 12:57 PM
    That is something NK.

It is so sad to think that this goes on, but I guess it does.

I guess we all must be more diligent when taking our car in for some repairs.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2006, 01:04 PM
    Interesting. But I don't think its fair to condemn all Jiffy Lubes. First I believe they are a franchise operation, independently owned and operated. Also 4 of the 9 shops didn't scam them. So my suspicion is this District Manager, is the one egging on the shops in his distrivt to scam customers.
    momincali Posts: 641, Reputation: 242

Aug 30, 2006, 02:08 PM
    What Scott says is true, but how do you know which are honest and which are not?? I'm not really willing to bet my money on it. Thanks NK! Very helpful. We have a corner mom and pop place that we usually go to but we'll have to be careful with them too.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Well, one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. For the most part I've been quite satisfied with the service I've received from Jiffy Lube. Actually I did have a problem once with an assistant manager at a location that I frequently patronized. He refused to honor a coupon due to some technicality even though the management staff at that location had always honored it for me previously. Furthermore they didn't vacuum my car. One phone call to the district office cured that. The manager told me to come back, they vacuumed my car and refunded me the full price of the oil change. At another location the staff damaged my air filter cover while attempting to replace the air filter. Replacement cost $141, for which Jiffy Lube promptly reimbursed me. So yes, Jiffy Lube does make mistakes but they always make good on them. At least that's my experience with them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2006, 05:14 PM
    I use a local shop for oil changes as well, JL is too expensive in my area. But the answer is not to not patronize them, but to guard against being scammed. Insist on seeing all parts that were replaced etc.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Aug 30, 2006, 06:57 PM
    The original (excellent) post by needkarma really got my rant and rave juices flowing. It is sad that in this great nation of opportunity, far too many business people fall prey to "Terminal Greed": the need to squeeze that extra increment of profit from their endevor by violating rules of common decency (right and wrong), only to increase their short term profit, at the expense of destroying their once viable and thriving business. Jiffy Lube is but one example of the screw-em attitude that seems endemic in today's society. The perpetrators should be exposed, prosecuted, and perhaps beaten as a warning to others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex [ 20 Answers ]

I'd been going out with my girl for 2months, then one day she just turned around and said that she ' couldn't be bothered'. This was about 2 weeks ago. I tried my hardest, and did nothing wrong to her. This was my first serious relationship. Ever since we split, all I can think about is her, and it...

Employee way of thinking [ 4 Answers ]

I own a small business. I don't understand why some employees think the place can't run without them. I have terminated a few employees and every one of them have said that none of the customers will ever come back if they aren't there. I don't understand what their psychological make up is to make...

Thinking of leaving [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, to everyone here, I have read some the posts and answers and this site is great! Well, my post tonight is regarding my marriage.My husband and I have been married for 6 years with 3 children 14-5-2.Though we live a comfortable lifestyle, my marriage is not a good one... my husband is not home...

Why am I thinking of this? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Adadfadf

Just thinking [ 4 Answers ]

My son is developmentally delayed. Since he got into Junior High, he has been getting into trouble. Mostly petty things. I'm considering home schooling him. I don't think he was ready for JH academically or emotionally. My questions have to do with how do I assess for myself where to start his...

View more questions Search