Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texie Studstill Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Is my mother Adopted
    I think that my mother was adopted when she was born. I think this for several reasons, one: she looks nothing like her parents,two: there are no pictures of her mother pregnet,three: in the picture of her mother and father with her the day that they came home from the hospital, her mother is standing and looks perfectly healthy. Not like she just had a baby. Four: whenever I mention the subject of adoption her mother shies away from it and changes the subject. This is just a theory I have come up with and I see that if it is true my grandmother doesn't want it told, I just want to know for myself. If it is true my mother has no clue and I would like to keep it that way until her mother tells her if she decides to tell her. Is there any way for me to figure this out without bringing anyone into it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 07:49 PM

Nope there is no way to find out without just asking everyone.

And why does it really matter to you, it is your mom's business.

1. look like, no real meaning, many kids look nothing like their parents

2. mother standing, women was expected to get up and go home much quicker in the past

Did you look up for newspaper annousements
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 14, 2009, 11:35 PM

The only way for someone to tell if someone was adopted, especially in the era of closed adoptions, is for someone to admit it.

My brother looks NOTHING like either of my parents. He does, however, look like our great grandfather.

I looked just fine the day after giving birth, too. I was also back into my size 4 jeans the day after, too, thank you very much.

Because I was embarrassed by how large I looked, there are no pictures of ME pregnant either. Some women just prefer it that way. There are no pictures of my mom pregnant with me, either.

Some people are just gun-shy about talking about adoption. In the time of your grandmother, people DID NOT TALK about adoption. Period. It was a shameful thing, generally, and you just didn't talk about it. It was like talking about sex in public.

So--you have ZERO evidence of an adoption, here.

My advice is to mind your own business about it. If someone wanted you (or your mother!) to know, they would have told.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother-In-Law Acts Like My Children's Mother [ 6 Answers ]

I would like some advice on how to handle a situation with my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law was always the kind of woman who loved kids immensely, wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, her whole life revolves around her kids, etc. I think that is absolutely fabulous. Me, on the other hand, I've...

I want to be adopted [ 14 Answers ]

I'm want to be adopted but I don't to hurt my family I'm not sure what I want I'm unhappy alone and I cry myself to sleep should I just talk to them or what because I'm edge I not trying hurt but if it worse I'm to leave and hurts is they love me but can't dill with this my mom been having weird...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Father Asks mother for child support when mother has no money [ 2 Answers ]

My mother got re-married and had my little brother with this man. He is now 10, I'm 15 and my sister is 17. (Our father pays child support but not on a regular basis, you can't depend on it) About 3 years ago they separated and got a divorce. We had custody of him. Then my brothers father filed...

Children want to be with mother and mother agrees. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I live in Jacksonville,Florida and I have been here since 11/05.I used to live in NYC and at one point I was having a very hard time with my living situation so I gave my ex-husband custody of our 2 beautiful sons(hesitantly) but I knew they would be in a better environment at that time in...

View more questions Search