Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Bernie Madoff 24 hours later in jail
    So, for all you folks who haven't heard, Bernie Madoff after spending 24 hours in jail has decided he doesn't like the accommodations and wants to be out on bail and wants to go home.

His lawyer says he needs constant access to him.

Bernie now claims to have more money stashed away and wants desparately to spend his time at home until his sentencing in June.

Documents filed by defence lawyers estimate that Madoff and his wife, Ruth, have assets worth between $823m and $826m including four homes, four boats, a share in a private jet and a Steinway piano. To maintain their properties, they are burning through cash at a rate of $346,757 a month.

Bernard Madoff and his wife have assets including:

$7m Manhattan penthouse apartment

$3m Beach residence in the Hamptons

$11m Palm Beach holiday house

$7m A Leopard yacht called Bull"

$39,000 Steinway piano

$2.6m Jewellery

$12m 50% share in a private jet

$21,717 His current account balance

$17m Her current account balance

Do you think Judge Chin is going to buy any of that movie?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 05:29 PM

Since his Lawyer needs constant contact, he could bring his pillow and a tooth brush.
    If $27,000 is all he has left, and no job, What High Profile Lawyer would want to represent him?
    How did Ruth Make her money? If it was from
    Bernie, it all needs to go back. Accomplice?
    Sounds like she has enough money to NOT be an accomplice.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2009, 02:16 AM

No ;he is a flight risk. I think that after sentencing he will disappear like OJ ;never to be heard from again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working hours vs lunch hours [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am presently working. I love my job so it's not an issue to me if everyday, I come in to work earlier than I should be and going home later than I should, eversince I was employed in this company. Today, our HR had sent me an email with our CEO copied on reminding me that my lunch hour is...

Ste tax hours [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a state that has state taxes. But my job requires me to work in that state as well as the state next door that does not have state taxes. What is my employers responsibility to track the hours so that I only pay in the state that requires taxes?

Bail out Madoff [ 16 Answers ]

With the financial markets already in a state of panic and the global recession expected to worsen in 2009, we can ill afford to allow the financial institutions, charities, and rich idiots that entrusted Bernard Madoff with their money to go bust. As for the widespread contention that since Mr....

How many hours? [ 4 Answers ]

Im really bad at math so maybe someone can help me. Im trying to figure out my weekly total hours worked at my job so far. Monday 7:54am-5:00pm w/hour break Tuesday 8:04am-4:57pm w/hour break Wednesday 8:09am-7:25pm w/hour break Thursday 6:54am-5:00pm w/hour break

View more questions Search