Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harwaaah Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 01:39 PM
    infloor heat / floor covering
    Which is has a lower r-value - wood laminate or thin carpeting? I am wanting to choose the less insulating covering that will help my infloor heat work most efficiently.

Thanks.
    Mikie D Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 02:51 PM

If radiant heat penetrates tile and stone its not even an issue. MikieD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tyco infloor heat cables [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tyco infloor heat cable that failed last spring. We heard a clicking sound from the circuit breaker panel and started to smell smoke from an area on the floor. We shut down the one zone and found the smell coming from an area by a wall. I still have 2 zones left and it looks like the...

How can I heat 1st floor from basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wood burning fireplace in my basement, how can I get that heat to the 1st floor or the living area of the house?

Not getting heat to the top floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Live in the northeast and have a split house. I am not getting heat to the upper portions (bedrooms) of the home. In the past this has happened and I would drain all the baseboards until all air was out and this would be good for the winter. Did that this year for quite awhile on...

No heat on First Floor [ 7 Answers ]

We have hot water baseboard, 1 circulator, 2 zone valves, 2 thermostats (1st flr, 2nd flr), Honeywell. Last week 1st flr heat stopped working. Forecasted to be cold in a couple of days, need to fix this. I think it's the powerhead on the 1st floor zone valve but need to make sure before I buy one. ...

View more questions Search