Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neonguy528 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Anti-keylogger utility
    Just a heads up guys. I recently was placing an order at vistaprint.com. I never completed the order because when I saw the shipping price and I left the site. I never
    Gave my credit card number at all. Next thing I know they shipped me blank business
    Cards. Blank. And when I tried to contact them with an 800 number the account number they sent me in an email was not valid. Fake. And I could not get through to talk to someone. And no email. Vistaprint was at the top of the Google search so dumb me didn't check them out further before trying to order. And one of my credit cards was charged. Now again I never entered my
    Credit card info on vista print.com. Then a couple days later, the same credit card
    Was used charging 5-7 things on the same day. But no charges went through because
    They didn't have the 3 digit code. My bank called me and asked if I made the charges and
    Canceled the cc and issued me another. About two weeks later someone tried placing an order
    At a distibution company. A company that I email with. So obviously they hacked
    Into my email account. All this by not completing an order with vistaprint.com. I have
    2 spyware antivirus. Max's and Kaspersky. And someone still hacked me somehow.

So you can come to your own conclusion. But I am adding anti-keylogger software
    And rightly so.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2009, 11:38 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Thanks for the headsup, but I hope you don't think vistaprint was the source of the problem. I have dealt with them and so have others I know of. I've never had an issue with them.

But what your experience does indicate is that everyone should subscribe to a credit monitoring service. Such a service will catch unusual activity and warn you if it happens.

Financial institutions are also being more and more proactive in flagging unusual usage. Unfortunately, one of my cards didn't do this.

In my Jan statement, I found about $100 in unrecognized charges. When I called the number listed on the charge, it turned out to be an online game. I reported the charges to both the vendor and the card issuer and got full credit. However, on my next statement I found almost $1200 in charges from, what I later found out was, a beauty supply store. This time I called the card issuer first and told them I thought it was time to cancel the account and create a new one, which was done. The card issuer might have stopped the merchandise from being sent if they monitored the usage more closely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keylogger questions! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I guess I'm just being really paranoid about keyloggers... I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer. And by the way, Geek Squad is completely unhelpful. - How would you know if you are being keylogged, or have ever been keylogged? - Would a keylogger only be active during...

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is [ 0 Answers ]

If total utility is decreasing, then marginal utility is

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

What is the best anti-keylogger program? [ 11 Answers ]

I find it despicable that keylogging programs have been invented to spy on your spouse, children, gilrfriend, boyfriend, employees, friends and enemies. Why haven't these programs been outlawed? Just because national spy agencies are using them doesn't mean that everyone can have a licence to...

Keylogger [ 2 Answers ]

I have discovered a keylogger on my PC latley , but I don't know how to find it or get rid of it . I'm running xp have done a hijack this scan if this would help let me know and ill post . All help gratefully received :confused:

View more questions Search