Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patrice727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2006, 08:38 PM
    Whirlpool Dryer won't turn on
    I have a Whirlpool dryer (model #LGR7646EQ2) that got a tennis show caught in between the drum and the door. I heard the shoe thumping, then the dryer stopped.

I removed the tennis shoe, but the dryer won't start back up. I can turn the drum by hand, but the start button won't turn it on.

Is there a reset switch or something, or do I need to let it cool off for a day and try again? I'm thinking (hoping) there is a reset switch, or something, so it'll work without me having to get a major piece replaced.

Thanks!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2006, 08:40 PM
    Have you checked the fuses or the breakers that control the dryer?
    patrice727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2006, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Have you checked the fuses or the breakers that control the dryer?
    No. I have no idea where to find those (actually didn't know those existed). I don't know where the book is, either.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2006, 09:12 PM
    Somewhere in your house or garage or on a pole you will have some electric boxes. One of these may contain fuses that control your dryer. Or you could have what is called a breaker panel with several multi-breakers in it. Look at all the breakers. especially the ones that look like two tied together, if you find one that is not in line with the others turn it all the way to the off position and then back to the on position. Let me know what happens.
    Cuyose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 08:13 PM
    Unplug the 220 power and wait about 30 minutes while it cools down, plug back in and try it. Worked for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Whirlpool Dryer Problem [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchase a new Whirlpool washer and dryer. 1. Upon delivery the dryer wouldn’t start at all. I checked the outlet and dryer connection with a volt meter and both showed 220v so the delivery person said it was a bad dryer and took it back. 2. Upon the next delivery the dryer ran for...

Drum won't turn on Whirlpool Dryer #LCG6848AQ1 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool gas dryer and the drum doesn't spin/turn on it. The blower motor works (I got a face full of lint to prove it) and I don't know if it's a separate motor that turns the drum. I started pulling the back off it and it looks like the belt is still on the drum. The door switch seems...

My Whirlpool Dryer is over heating [ 1 Answers ]

It has a weird smell where the heat blows into the dryer It is getting extremely hot I have replaced the thermostat and 2 other thing but it still is over heating what could be the problem.:(

Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, with burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, after I set the setting and close the door, and there is a strong burning smell at that time. It is only about 2 1/2 yrs old. Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped spinning, the motor still runs, and it still heats up. I would like to try and figure out what is wrong with it. The model number is #LER7646DQ0.

View more questions Search