Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JPenguin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2006, 07:48 PM
    Kenmore washer continues to fill
    Hello.
    I have a Kenmore Elite Catalyst, model# 110.20052994. About a week ago, it would not drain. I even tried pressing the drain button on the control panel, but it did not work.

So, I drained the water by hand and tried to run through another small load cycle. Now, the washer continues to fill, even overflowing. The only way to stop it is to turn off the washing machine. There is nothing wrong with the drainage hose. Any suggestions?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2006, 09:23 PM
    It sounds like you have a water filler valve problem, with your washer emptied turn the water faucets back on and turn on the washer, if it starts filling turn your timer knob around several times, like you were hunting a cycle you wanted to use. This may make something dislodge from the valve. If not then do the same thing with your water control knob. Turning it from hot to cold and then to hot again... I hope these work... if not and if that is your problem you may need a new water valve. They could be available at Home Depot or some place like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer problem [ 8 Answers ]

Our kenmore is working fine but in past day it seems the agitator is starting to slip under load. Seems like a retainer nut or such has worked loose and under load the agitator just slips as the spindle inside clicks around doing its job. Under light load it works fine. Can you tell me how to...

Whirpool washer won't fill [ 3 Answers ]

My 13 yr. old Whirpool washer LA9500XTW1 stopped mid-cycle with the tub full of water. After trying several times to restart by pushing/pulling knob, it started and completed the cycle including rinse and spin, without any problem. But now I can't get it to start a new load on any part of any...

Kenmore washer keeps filling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore top loading washer model # 110.26812690. The water keeps filling and won't stop. How do I open the console to reach the water level switch? What and where is the small rubber hose?

Kenmore washer woes [ 8 Answers ]

I have an old Kenmore heavy duty washer that has been so faithful till now. The washer will fill up and start aggitating. It keeps aggitating until the spin cycle, then stops... I'll move the timer a tad, and then it will continue aggitating... it will not spin or drain. Could this be the timer?...

View more questions Search