Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizz_on_her_own Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 09:06 AM
    My mother went through my journals my poems my room EVERYTHING!
    Now I have no way to contact anyone because SHE WENT THROUGH MY ROOM AND READ MY JOURNALS AND MY EMAILS!! SHE WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING@!! I HATE HER I HATE HER I HATE HER!! I wouldn't be surprised if she strip searched me!

She told me that:
    "Nothing is private and nothing is yours when no one trusts you."

That isn't right those things are my thoughts, my heart, so I felt like I had to shred them. So, I shredded all my journals, my poems, everything because it is my business my life and my thoughts and I don't want her knowing them because she always uses them against me, when I did talk to her about the way I was feeling, like blackmailing.

Now she found a stupid note in my room about how my boyfriend told me he loved me and that he didn't want me to be mad at him and Aaron, for Aaron's little brother getting on a writing an inappropriate message, and that he would talk to my mom about the situation and I told him to save his breath because my mom won't listen and he tod me tp f*** my mom because he has seen the way she treats me and he doesn't like it one little bit. But, anyway she found the note called his mom and I think my mom might make me break up with him and then I'd be so furious at her I wouldn't be able to even talk to her no matter what the punishment.

WHAT DO I DO??
    math_dude16 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 09:34 AM

Step 1 : Calm down. Your still living! Moms sometimes get a little curious and worried about there daughters. What I would do in your situation is show your mom who you really are, do what is right:D and tell her that you love her, but you would perfer not to go through your personal stuff... but don't give her any worries to do so either. Hope this helps:D
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:36 AM

What prompted your mother to not trust you?

There is apparently more to this story.

Mar 13, 2009, 09:40 AM

I agree Justwantfair, I know if I did something totally out of the normal, that my mom would do anything to know what was going so she can control the situation. Mothers really want there daughters to kind of look good for them I guess you can say. When a daughter makes a wrong choice it puts a mother to shame, she feels like she hasn't raised you good enough.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:42 AM

My mother did this once. I remember it plain as day...

... but you know what? Now that I'm almost *gasp* 30, I look back and see what led her to that point. I had done something and it was a "punishment fit for the crime."

Your mother loves you. She wants to protect you.

What is the back story to this one... there's a whole lot more than what you shared. You shared the "consequences" as it were, what were the actions?

Math_dude has it right. You need to calm down.

Tell us more...
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 09:45 AM

Here is part of the story

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...me-317988.html

Mar 13, 2009, 09:48 AM

Uh... well I hope its not exaggeration... because teens seem to do that a lot. But I'm sorry if its true.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Mar 13, 2009, 10:32 AM

:/ You should talk to someone you trust.. you need to let your thoughts and frustrations out to someone and not the computer.

My mum used to do stuff like that but I understand why now. If you haven't actually done anything then that's not right.

To be honest, the only thing you can do if you know she's never going to change is to keep your head down, don't be cheaky and talk back and do well in school, go to uni and move out.

Good Luck
    Mommy102808 Posts: 52, Reputation: 11

Mar 14, 2009, 11:13 AM

Maybe you need to talk to your mom more. Get a closer relationship to her and let her know what's going on in your life, right now this does not seem like the right thing to do but once you mature you will understand her reasons for treating you in this way. Especially down the road when you too become a mother and you are put in the same position as your mother. Try to calm down and go talk to your mom, can't hurt to try. Right?
    lala55555 Posts: 28, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 15, 2009, 03:07 PM
    My mom does the same thing. Its so annoying. She reads my diaries and poems and every little note.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 03:18 PM

Ok, now you destroyed all of your own notes and letters ( she had already looked) so now you destroyed your own memories for really no reason other than being angry.

Often the issue is that something happens to cause mistrust, either by close friends or other family or something you did perhaps.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    What prompted your mother to not trust you?

There is apparently more to this story.
    Well that is just it... I DON'T KNOW! I have asked her and asked her and she won't tell me until I pressure her enough but when she finally does she'll say one thing and then tell me something different within a few minutes and it is stupid.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by math_dude16 View Post
    I agree Justwantfair, i know if i did something totally out of the normal, that my mom would do anything to know what was going so she can control the situation. Mothers really want there daughters to kind of look good for them i guess you can say. When a daughter makes a wrong choice it puts a mother to shame, she feels like she hasn't raised you good enough.
    But here is another thing she has only known me for almost a year. And I have given her no reason not to trust me.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by math_dude16 View Post
    uh...well i hope its not exaggeration...cuz teens seem to do that a lot. but i'm sorry if its true.
    I SWEAR ON EVERYTHING THAT THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION! I wouldn't lie about this I have been through enough hurt and pain in my life I'm not going to stand by and let more happen to me.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy102808 View Post
    Maybe you need to talk to your mom more. Get a closer relationship to her and let her know what's going on in your life, right now this does not seem like the right thing to do but once you mature you will understand her reasons for treating you in this way. Especially down the road when you too become a mother and you are put in the same position as your mother. Try to calm down and go talk to your mom, can't hurt to try. Right?
    Wrong. It can hurt to talk to her. Because she just yells, blackmails me, she sometimes threatens me and I don't know her very well so it scares me and then my grandpa gets in it and yells at me more. It is mental/emotional trama for me and I don't need it I have enough problems of my own dealing with the scars from my past life.

Mar 17, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ok, now you destroyed all of your own notes and letters ( she had already looked) so now you destroyed your own memories for really no reason other than being angry.

Often the issue is that something happens to cause mistrust, either by close friends or other family or something you did perhaps.
    She says that she hasn't read all of my journal entries because I have too many but she read a few everyday so I shredded them before she could read them all. And I want to cause her as much pain as she has been causing me.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 11:03 AM

Your mom can't mind her business because you are her business. She has the right to go through your things without your permission until you become an adult and live on your own and is paying your own way.

You mig hate her now but when you grow up you will understand things much better and understand by she did what she did.
    Rich11111 Posts: 99, Reputation: 25

Mar 17, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Your mom can't mind her business because you are her business. She has the right to go through your things without your permission until you become an adult and live on your own and is paying your own way.

You mig hate her now but when you grow up you will understand things much better and understand by she did what she did.
    I don't agree completely, Whilst going through someone's room can be seen as acceptable if you have reason to not trust someone, a journal/diary is always off limit in my opinion. It's a place where someone can record their inner most feelings, thoughts and secrets, to read it without permission is like trying to force your way into their head.
    unspeaken21 Posts: 69, Reputation: 10

Mar 17, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Your mom has issues and is controlling..
    Even though she is your mother I believe she has no right to go through your things unless you give her permission...
    Doesn't she know she is damaging your relationship with her??

Learn from this situation so that you can be a better mom to your kids...

Take care..

Mar 19, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post

Well I don't think so especially considering my past. All of my memories, all of my coping skils were in those 4 little journals and she went through them and I am NOT letting her get in my head because she uses EVERYTHING against me and I just can't do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing general journals and posting journals to general ledgers [ 7 Answers ]

I am having trouble in preparing general journal entries and posting journals to general ledgers if anyone could give me advice or some tips that would be great

Lyric poems [ 1 Answers ]

I need a lyric poem

Your favourite poems? [ 26 Answers ]

Excerpts from some favourites- "I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." The road not taken by Robert Frost

I have these poems. [ 5 Answers ]

And I don't think they're very good. Could people please read them and tell me if they are good? I appreciate any constructive criticism but if your one of those people who just like to insult other peoples work and be mean then don't even bother to read my poem or anser and tell me if it is good...

View more questions Search