Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizz_on_her_own Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich11111 View Post
    I don't agree completely, Whilst going through someones room can be seen as acceptable if you have reason to not trust someone, a journal/diary is always off limit in my opinion. Its a place where someone can record their inner most feelings, thoughts and secrets, to read it without permission is like trying to force your way into their head.
    Yeah and in my case they hold my memories of everything my coping skills for trama like this and it is my life it helps me calm myself down it helps me sleep and reduce my stress levels.
    mizz_on_her_own Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unspeaken21 View Post
    Your mom has issues and is controlling..
    Even though she is your mother i believe she has no right to go through your things unless you give her permission...
    Doesn't she know she is damaging your relationship with her???

Learn from this situation so that you can be a better mom to your kids...

Take care..
    I've tried to explain it to her but then she just yells and stomps and threatens and blackmails even more. So I'm trying to get emancipated but I hope that it is still possible.
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2009, 07:55 AM

Its not like your hiding something that you did not want her to see she is your MOM she has rights to do that stuff till you 18 so let her do her mother job and if your 18 you can sue or tattletale on her for reading privit messages if it helps you so wait till your 18yrs old then she has to stop by law OK now be happy.
    unspeaken21 Posts: 69, Reputation: 10

Mar 22, 2009, 03:43 PM

Hey mizz on her own..

I want you to know that I don't agree with the people who say that just because she is your mom she has the right to do what she is doing... I really don't agree with that..

There should be some level of respect in each relationship..

I read your other thread and you are a very strong girl.. Im sorry your life is not the way you would like it to be...

The whole emancipation thing is up to you, I really don't know what to say...

All you really can do now is just endure what happens..

Sooner than later you will have control over your life.. so let that be the motivation to keep you going through the days..

Good luck

I wish you the best..
    jcompton1272 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2009, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unspeaken21 View Post
    Your mom has issues and is controlling..
    Even though she is your mother i believe she has no right to go through your things unless you give her permission...
    Doesn't she know she is damaging your relationship with her???

Learn from this situation so that you can be a better mom to your kids...

Take care..
    I am her mother and yes I am controlling and have issues and they are my 15 year old has treatened to hurt herself... lies about what she is doing and who she is with... and has been caught with a boy when I dropped her off at the movies with a girlfriend... so maybe you should learn from this to be a better parent to your kids... don't believe everything you hear and if you believe your kids are making destructive choice do what you can to find out before their choice hurt them and others.
    unspeaken21 Posts: 69, Reputation: 10

Mar 23, 2009, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jcompton1272 View Post
    I am her mother and yes I am controlling and have issues and they are my 15 year old has treatened to hurt herself....lies about what she is doing and who she is with....and has been caught with a boy when I dropped her off at the movies with a girlfriend....so maybe you should learn from this to be a better parent to your kids....don't believe everything you hear and if you believe your kids are making destructive choice do what you can to find out before their choice hurt them and others.
    You sound like her mom...
    This is the only place she can be free and honest so she can talk away all her hurt and pain and, not surprisingly, you still find a way to tear her emotionally all over again.. Great job! (Please not the sarcasm)

She threatened to hurt herself because she is so sick of you, you caused her to act the way she does... Its all because of you..

She lies about what she is doing because you ruined the communication part between you two..
    Tell me how can a daughter talk to her mom when her mom:
    -has issues and is controlling; and takes out her issues onto her kids
    -hurts her emotionally (I hope not physically)
    -doesnt listen to a work the daughter says
    -has already made up her mind that her daughter is not a good person
    -has made her daughter scared to communicate with her mom
    -is a bad mom and the daughter despises the mom
    -has given her daughter no reason to come up and start a conversation with the mother, because the daughter knows her mom will just blame her and not listen to a word the daughter will say...
    - and many more reasons..

So she has been caught with a boy, don't you think there could have been a more civil way that you could have approached the matter to her than whatever way you did..

She doesn't tell you the truth because you don't let her... You already have it accustomed to react negatively towards her...
    And she doesn't open up to you because she doesn't like you

I definitely have learned from this, my mom is as evil as you.. and because of that our relationship has turned to nothing. So yes, I have learned from it because I will not do your mistakes and my mothers mistakes when I grow up.. My greatest fear is to be like a mother who is exactly like you.. Im going to care for my kids and support them in a way that you will never know because you are too stubborn to admit that how you have behaved has ultimately damaged your daughter and the relationship between you and your daughter..

Ya I don't believe everything I hear... She might not be an "angel child" but she is not all to blame for that.. Kids are who they are mostly because of their parents.. Don't you know that you have the greatest influence on her life? It's a shame you wrecked it for her...

I really believe that unconditional love does not exist within some mothers...

You need to learn to blame yourself ones in a while...

It so easy to blame your daughter and accuse her for everything that's gone wrong, but you know she is the scapegoat in all of this...

You need to learn to trust her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing general journals and posting journals to general ledgers [ 7 Answers ]

I am having trouble in preparing general journal entries and posting journals to general ledgers if anyone could give me advice or some tips that would be great

Lyric poems [ 1 Answers ]

I need a lyric poem

Your favourite poems? [ 26 Answers ]

Excerpts from some favourites- "I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." The road not taken by Robert Frost

I have these poems. [ 5 Answers ]

And I don't think they're very good. Could people please read them and tell me if they are good? I appreciate any constructive criticism but if your one of those people who just like to insult other peoples work and be mean then don't even bother to read my poem or anser and tell me if it is good...

View more questions Search