Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    random_chick Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 06:16 AM
    I'm depressed and don't no what to do
    Ok. I told my mom and dad I get depressed. But its at least once a month. It reqally annoying. My mom understands it a little better than my dad because she had to take a course in depression because she works with age concern.

My mom told me I have to do something that will take my mind of being depressed. I have tried but nothing happens, if anything it makes me more depressed.

My dad keeps saying people my ages don't get depressed but they do.

I don't no how to deal with it. My mate told me to go to the doctors but my mom said No because they will give me anti-depression tablets and my mom said they won't help me because they are just like a drug (like weed), they become addictive and I will start to need a bigger doesage to settle my craving.

But my mom and my dad don't no that I slit my wrists if I get really depressed. But I won't tell them because they will flip and be really disapointed in me. I want to tell my mom because I think she willl understand, but my dad doint like it and doesn't understand it like my mom does. So I don't no how he will react if I tell him

Please help me!!
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Mar 13, 2009, 10:40 AM

Everyone gets depressed, how old are you, 14ish?

1. Don't get anti-depressant, your moms right, they're very addictive and can totally ruin you life.

2. Don't ignore it and do something to take your mind of it, talk to someone.

3. Slitting your wrists can get addictive so if your not addicted to it yet stop it. A lot of people see it as attention seeking and it is but your screwed if it gets out of hand.

I don't know how depressed you actually are but if you if you get too bad private mail me or something because my friends and I run a 'Anti depreesion and suisidal' campaign so if you want to chat I'm always here.

Good luck.
    random_chick Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 03:00 PM

I'm 15. I agree with you it is addictive, and I think it a bit late for me to stop. I want to tell my mom and dad that I slit my wrists because that is the only way that I no helps relive my depression but I don't no how to go about it
    KahnArtist Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2009, 03:16 PM

I'm 15 and have been off and on clinically depressed since I was about 12. If your mom understands slightly what you're going through, I would strongly advise you to go talk to a therapist. If you don't want to go on anti depressants (advise against) then just tell the doctor that. They will respect your wishes. It sounds like you just need a counselor to talk to. Trust me, they really help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you don't like long.then don't read or awnser. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my name is Jhaunt'e... and I need help... well here goes lol... im a 16 yr old junior and this 14 yr old freshmen named Raven started talking early 2008... well it got a little farther along and we were on the bus on the way 2 school and I gave her a note that said I like you (I was shy back...

I broke up with my boyfriend but now I'm feeling depressed and I don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

I was going out with this kid who cared about me a lot. He would do anything for me. Except it didn't even seem like we were going out and we talked more as friends. We never hung out outside of school and we never kissed or hugged like couples usually do so it was different. And every time I was...

I feel really depressed.I may have to end my life I don't find some one to talk to [ 3 Answers ]

Can any one help me?I need to talk to someone.Please please don't be a fraud.I just need a bit of you time.

I don't want to be depressed [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really depressed and I don't think any of my friends like me and I have no motivation to do anything how can I be happier?

View more questions Search