Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neednadvice Posts: 31, Reputation: -3

Mar 13, 2009, 04:13 AM
    How to cancel a Yahoo email and ID?
    Is anyone aware of how to do this? I was court ordered to not email someone negatively or instant message and have reason to believe they are making emails up and IMS with my id all to hold me in contempt and get me arrested, Please if anybody can, tell me how to cancel my ID!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 04:29 AM
    In this case simply go in and change the password to your account if you think it's your being hijacked. It's possible that someone created a new Yahoo ID that closely resembles yours for mischief purposes, there's not much you can do about that except make the authorities aware with some evidence to back it up.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2009, 05:28 AM

Yahoo does not cancel accounts. So change the password and just stop using it. They will need to produce the header of any e-mails which can show they didn't originate from your IP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't send email (yahoo) [ 4 Answers ]

I can't send email. I keep getting a pop : Yahoo'up that tells me "Some errors occured while processing the required tasks. Please review....for details..."The host 'Yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you entered the server name correctly. Account: 'yahoo' server

Yahoo Email [ 2 Answers ]

Each time I try and log in to my Yahoo email account the site starts to load then it says cannot find server. It only does this with Yahoo. Can you please help me out??

View more questions Search