Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berina09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 02:14 AM
    What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate?
    I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 04:34 AM

The ELEM program.

Eat less, exercise more.

I know I sound like I am trolling, but that's really it. There is no program... it is a lifestyle change. You need to burn more calories than you take in and the calories you take in need to be healthy ones. Look for balaced foods with a balance of 40%/40%/20% goal (thats percentage of protein, carbs and fats). Avoid processed foods and empty calories.

And exercise. Every day.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 04:43 AM

Start with taking a look at what you currently eat and drink. Look at where you could make changes... portion sizes, increasing the servings of fruits and vegetables, switch out as many processed foods for foods in their natural state as you can, cut out, or at least back on, any sodas and alcohol drinks, go to low-fat or non-fat milk, increase your daily water intake (plain water, not the sort with added ingredients as they can also increase your sugar intake), change over from white bread, white rice, etc. to 100% whole wheat/whole grain versions, go for leaner meats, eat more fish, limit eating out, fast foods, and goodies to just once in awhile, etc.. Yes, sometimes you pay a bit more for healthier choices, but since you will be eating less of it (portion size again), it will even out.
    Get moving in some way every day. Walks, jogs, dancing, exercising, work with weights, swim, hike, bike ride, exercise dvd, jump rope, etc.. Make it everyday, at least something, no excuses!

If you are eating and drinking well, and taking care of your body, it does all the detoxifying it needs to. That is what it is designed to do.

The detox diets or products you see may make you feel like you have cleared the toxins out of your system, but just be careful and be aware. Many are a marketing gimic, feeding into the desire for a quick fix and offer nothing more than what a decent laxative would do for you.

Only changes in your daily lifestyle will give you long term benefits that are both healthy and realistic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

Weight loss program [ 9 Answers ]

A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10-lb. weight loss program. The next day, there's a knock on the door, and there stands before him a Voluptuous, athletic, 19-year-old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck. She introduces herself as a...

What are good quick weight loss tips [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... OK, here's the thing. One of my best friends and I are throwing our birthday parties together on Apr.14th. I'm not fat nor am I skinny. I'm what I like to call thick but I have these "luv handles" that I want to get rid of asap. Can somebody, anybody please tell me a good healthy...

View more questions Search