Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shorte1813 Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Mar 15, 2009, 05:12 PM
    He is on parole
    jamroc09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 05:13 PM

Well your husband should be out of jail in about a month don't worry. The p.o is not your friend or family don't let him/ her tell u anything that u can't understand she/he might be saying something to get your husband more time in jail

Mar 15, 2009, 05:52 PM

Y do u think that not that it dosen't make me feel better wondering y u think so?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jamroc09 View Post
    well your husband should be out of jail in about a month dont worry. the p.o is not your friend or family dont let him/ her tell u anything that u can't understand she/he might be saying something to get your husband more time in jail

This is a legal thread - please post your legal backup for this opinion. How do you know the husband will be out in a month?

Mar 15, 2009, 08:33 PM
    It has nothing to do with how many times someone has posted I am trying to get anyone's opion I can
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 16, 2009, 07:45 AM

I'm going to add some points here. When someone wears an ankle monitor, the signal from that monitor is recorded and a log kept. This is not the PO's word against your husband. If the PO says that he went out of bounds 11 times, some of them for 4 hours, then he has the electronic logs to back that up.

So if you husband is telling you it was only once to relieve himself, then he is not telling the truth.

Second, as everyone else has told you, it is his responsibility to make sure the PO is informed if he has to go out of bounds due to overtime or work requirements. He has to make sure the employer reports these things. Its HIS freedom that is at stake.

Third, You may be allowed to speak in his behalf at a hearing to continue parole. But your (nautural) bias is going to weigh against your testimony. If he has any actual evidence to support his being out of bounds, HE needs to present it.

Finally, this site has rules that members must adhere to. One of those rules is not to use chat or text speak in posts. There is no need to conserve keystrokes here.

Mar 16, 2009, 08:32 AM
    I realize that He has the computer evidence to back his claim. I am not saying he doesn't what I am saying is that his parole officer had oked it and now he is turning around and using it against him. And once again He did not step out the last time for four hours in was only long enough for him to go to the bathroom. I guess it was the just the straw that broke the camels back. I just don't believe it was right for his p.o to act like to was OK him working over and now its not. I am trying to find out if they can keep him past the 7 months he had left on his parole.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 11:44 AM

... is this thread actually happening?

Mar 16, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorte1813 View Post
    I realize that He has the computer evidence to back his claim. I am not saying he doesn't what I am saying is that his parole officer had oked it and now he is turning around and using it against him. And once again He did not step out the last time for four hours in was only long enough for him to go to the bathroom. I guess it was the just the straw that broke the camels back. I just don't beleive it was right for his p.o to act like to was ok him working over and now its not. I am trying to find out if they can keep him past the 7 months he had left on his parole.
    Now that is not what you have said previously or if it was, your use of chat speak didn't bring that across.

So what you are saying is that the PO approved the previous out of ranges, but this last one made him go back on that? Do you have any documentation of that?

Whether they can keep him longer depends on local customs and laws. In most cases, they will just have him serve out the remainder of his sentence. However its possible that he might be convicted of paraole violation and have the sentence increased. With only 7 months left, I doubt they will do that though. A lot could depend on the nature of the original crime. Its not that usual for a parolee to wear a monitor. That's often reserved for people who represent a danger to others.
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 16, 2009, 12:06 PM
    {personal attack edited out-<>}
    Hey Shorte Glad I could help In all honesty though I said basically the same thing in the first post as I did in this one. :o
    I just said it a bit different. All in all it still comes down to him manning up as I said in the first post and taking his responsibility. In the end that responsibility should also be to Your relationship cause being back and forth to jail is no way to show you love someone.
    All in all though I seriously think no one on here will know which way they go it will depend on his record how many times he has been to jail and how many times he has violated and how many chances he has and You said you have not gotten him an attorney.
    He is going back to the court for the Violation of parole correct?
    If so than he needs some kind of legal representation. He needs to prove that he deserves to have his parole continued.
    If he is already found guilty of his violation and he has been returned to prison to finish the time than he will do his time to the door in most cases.
    He Might (and it can be a big might) get another chance at Parole I have seen it done but it will not likely be anytime real soon.
    Again this all depends on what state and how full things are and heck it can even come down to if it is Election time or not for the states Attorneys and judges Sad as that is it is oh so true.
    Either way Good Luck and I hope you are right and he has changed because in all honesty that running to prisons to visit and paying phone bills and sending commissary money That is No way to live your life.

Mar 16, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Now that is not what you have said previously or if it was, your use of chat speak didn't bring that across.

So what you are saying is that the PO approved the previous out of ranges, but this last one made him go back on that? Do you have any documentation of that?

Whether they can keep him longer depends on local customs and laws. In most cases, they will just have him serve out the remainder of his sentence. However its possible that he might be convicted of paraole violation and have the sentence increased. With only 7 months left, I doubt they will do that though. A lot could depend on the nature of the original crime. Its not that usual for a parolee to wear a monitor. That's often reserved for people who represent a danger to others.
    Thank you scottgem I am sorry if it did not come across that way I am scarred to death and trying to do this fast. Yes he PO had said it was OK I don't know how to get proof of it his PO will not call me back. He wears a monitor because he is a sex offender but eveyone in our community knows what happened he was at a party and was messing with a girl that was underage she was drinking smoking and driving no one knew her age but everyone assumed she was over age since she bought alcohol that night. He got in trouble for fondling the breasts of a minor anyway when her mom found out she told my husband to give her money and she would not say anything well he didn't have it and she pressed charges she has gotten 5 other guys in trouble around here for the same thing it is a mess. I know everyone says this but his PO has had it for him since I got pregnant he did not help my husband get a job housing anything which the parole board told him he would do my husband did it all himself. His PO just shows up once a week sometimes not even that he says doing OK my husband says yep and he leaves you try to call him he doesn't call back for weeks how are you supposed to work over and keep a job if you can't get ahold of him. The PO told my husband it was works responsiblilty to call in to the monitoring system. If work didn't do it my husband would call in and tell him and his PO said many times that this was fine because if he didn't work over he would lose his job. My husband has tried to follow the rules to the best of his understanding and thought that everything was OK with his PO. I don't know how to prove his PO said this except that I was there when he was on the phone with him when he finally called back and that they didn't come pick him up long before this which I think is weird because if it wasn't OK I would think they would have picked him up the first or second time. Its all so very confusing to me and I just need to have some idea of the time I am looking at him being there. Everyone seems to agree it will not be more than seven months since this is the first time he has actually been violated he has a full time job and a small business everyone here knows him and only has good things about him. All the community tries to help and disagrees with what this girls family has done but we have no idea on how to help these guys she has done this too. Our prison are also 3 times over what they can handle in each prison but they seem to very hard on sex offenders no matter what actually happened in their case.

Mar 16, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Also I have called all the attorneys I can they said since there is not a new crime and he will not go to court that in Illinois parole is and inside process and all I can do is go talk to the parole board. Its is not a court hearing just a board of people that decide what happens to him. Whether that is a good thing or bad I am not sure yet

Mar 16, 2009, 02:31 PM

First of all there is NO need to rush. You help us help you if you carefully consider what you post. Use reasonable sentence structure and grammar. Otherwise we can't understand what you are saying which doesn't get you the help you need.

There really isn't much I can do to help you though. The only thing I can suggest is for your husband to tell the board at the hearing that he had previously discussed his out of range with the PO and explained each one and that the PO had OKed them. He can point out that if the PO hadn't OKed them why wait for 11 times to take action against him.

Its also too bad that your husband didn't ask us when this first happened. If he had posted that the girl's mother was trying to blackmail him, I would have told him to IMMEDIATELY go to the police. The police would probably have set up a sting to catch her for extortion and your husband would probably be off the hook.

But its too late now for that.

Mar 16, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First of all there is NO need to rush. You help us help you if you carefully consider what you post. Use reasonable sentence structure and grammar. Otherwise we can't understand what you are saying which doesn't get you the help you need.

There really isn't much I can do to help you though. The only thing I can suggest is for your husband to tell the board at the hearing that he had previously discussed his out of range with the PO and explained each one and that the PO had OKed them. He can point out that if the PO hadn't OKed them why wait for 11 times to take action against him.

Its also too bad that your husband didn't ask us when this first happened. If he had posted that the girl's mother was trying to blackmail him, I would have told him to IMMEDIATELY go to the police. The police would probably have set up a sting to catch her for extortion and your husband would probably be off the hook.

But its too late now for that.
    Thank u for understanding he did not know what to do he was only 21 and didn't think anything would really come of it he doesn't have a very supportive family so he had no one to turn to but now he has me and my family and has really made a huge turn around
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 02:48 PM

How long ago did your husband fool around with this girl? How long have you been with him?

Mar 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
    So Shorte
    Have they actually Violated him already?
    If so than how long he is going to be there will be whatever time he had left on his sentence that is automatic in most cases and sorry now knowing the original arrest is sex offender well that is life no matter how it happened.
    If that is the case and I understood you right he already had most his time complete when he left on parole and only has 7 months left right?
    So then he will do the 7 months to the door as they say (meaning complete his sentence) and will no longer have any time hanging over him Unless when sentenced he had extra stipulations after prison like for instance a buddy of mine is in doing a sentence and when it is done he still has 2 years probation to do.

I have never seen anyone taken back into jail and wait to find out of they violated so I am Guessing this is the case. If so you will likely not get another hearing and in all honesty that is the way things go. Sadly the law is not always white and black and there is a lot of grey mixed in.

Mar 16, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbay View Post
    So Shorte
    If so than how long he is going to be there will be whatever time he had left on his sentence that is automatic in most cases and sorry now knowing the original arrest is sex offender well that is life no matter how it happened.
    If that is the case and I understood you right he already had most his time complete when he left on parole and only has 7 months left right?
    So then he will do the 7 months to the door as they say (meaning complete his sentence) and will no longer have any time hanging over him Unless when sentenced he had extra stipulations after prison like for instance a buddy of mine is in doing a sentence and when it is done he still has 2 years probation to do.

I have never seen anyone taken back into jail and wait to find out of they violated so I am Guessing this is the case. if so you will likely not get another hearing and in all honesty that is the way things go. Sadly the law is not always white and black and there is a lot of grey mixed in.

I am not quite sure how it actually works I think they have already violated him and this hearing is to decide how long he goes back for or it is to decide both. Yes he only had 7 months left on parole when he violated I can deal with 7 months of this I am scarred that they can give him more time. He did not commit another offense and there are no stipulation for when he gets our or when he got off porole. I already talked to the parole board and he will have a parole board hearing I pretty sure his parole office violated him. I starting to think I rather him do the 7 months and be done with it and come home to me and his children. Because while he was on parole he wasn't allowed to live with us or see his kids he didn't even get to see his baby girl born also will the month he has been in before his parole hearing count against his 7 months?

Mar 16, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    How long ago did your husband fool around with this girl? How long have you been with him?
    Just the one time and that was before me

Mar 16, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbay View Post
    So Shorte

I have never seen anyone taken back into jail and wait to find out of they violated so I am Guessing this is the case. if so you will likely not get another hearing and in all honesty that is the way things go. Sadly the law is not always white and black and there is a lot of grey mixed in.

I'm not sure if I am understanding your question right he had one a year inside then got let out on parole and did over a year he only had 7 months left on his parole. So will he have to serve the time again that he did while he was on parole or just what he had left on his parole?

Mar 16, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Speaking from experience regarding past issues I have had and my ex had had We always went back and done what was left and came home.
    If he caught no new charge I do not see how they could add more time to him?

So if he has not gotten any further charges I am thinking they will have him do those 7 months and then out he comes with it all behind him
    Is there anything said about registering as a sex offender in the records for him?
    If so make sure he follows up on that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting off parole [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any chance of getting off parole early? I have been on parole for multiple (3) DWI offences since getting out in 2004 after serving 2 years in prison. What are the chances of being dismissed before my 2009 date? I have had no violations and have been clean since that time. This is in...

Parole for 9 years [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone be on parole for 9 years without having served any jail/prison time for trafikking?

Parole DUI [ 3 Answers ]

Actually I'm on parole so the judge no longer has jurisdiction. I'm just wondering if it's up to my PO whether to violate me or not

Parole DUI [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on parole for over two years. My sentence is scheduled to end in 2011. I got a misdemeanor DUI on 10/21. Is it up to my PO's discretion to send me to jail or is she simply obligated to do so?

Vilolation of Probation [ 4 Answers ]

I have violated probation for the 3rd time. I have not finished my classes and I failed to report. A deputy who is also an EMT took a blood test for drugs. Can this be used against me at my hearing? I was told that only an RN could do this in the state of GA.

View more questions Search