Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Mar 12, 2009, 04:47 PM
    What to expect when calling Nineline's helpline?
    I was wondering, what can I expect when I call a helpline like Covenant House Nineline? Will a real live person talk to me or it is machine? Does it ask me for personal information like where I live, what's my parent's phone number, or anything like that? I'm a 14 years old boy, I've been feeling a little depressed for a long time now. But I don't want anyone to know...

So I decided that maybe I'll give helplines a try, to see how it goes and if it helps me. But I don't know what to expect when I call them, or if they will like, contact my parent or something scary.

Please answer. Thanks!
    chris28079 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 05:01 PM
    survivorboi,

Sorry to hear that you are so depressed, I was there once too, and believe me it gets better.

The nineline is very very good, I called it many times and they never asked me for my information, they were there to talk and listen. Don't be scared to get the help you need.

It will get better

Take care!
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 05:45 PM

The 9-line has been around for a while. I used it when I was teen. Real people answer the phone and they listen. They don't ask for any personal information. They let you talk and it helped me through some of those 'rough' teen years when I felt I didn't have anyone else to talk to.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Mar 13, 2009, 10:44 AM

Hi, my friends and I run a 'anti depression and suisidal' campaign and we talk to people that are just like you through email, msn, phone, in person etc. Ive been been there too and its hard, I had a really close friend who killed himself and I've determined to stop teens being depressed.

So, its totally up to, if you want to chat.

Good luck.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Mar 15, 2009, 02:49 PM

Thanks you guys, I'm really happy there is someone other then my parents that I could talk to if I ever need help =).
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2009, 06:10 PM

Yeah, of course there is =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling,Marie will you keep calling me [ 2 Answers ]

"Marie, I hear you calling, Marie the night is falling, Marie will you keep calling me" Every time the word"calling" is sung, it's held and rises. Any hints re anything? Title, artist, lyrics? Probably early 1950s.

What to expect? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys! My first prenatal appointment is this Friday and I will be 6 weeks and 3 days! Can anyone give me some insight on what to expect, what sort of questions will be asked, what will take place, blah de blah de blah. I was also wondering if they will perform a transvaginal ultrasound? ...

What To Expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Can Your Be At All The Airports If You Been Accused Of Using Some One Else Name To Get A Credit Card, And Also Use The Credit Card?

What should I expect [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming and just told my husband that I wanted to file for a divorce. We have a 14 month old son and I don't want him to get custody. My husband is an over the road truck driver and wants to buy his own big rig so I know that he is not going to get a place of his own to live in with our...

Thank you, but now what do I expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, so I thank all of you for your harsh and brutal, but very true opinions in my last question. But here is another few for you! Okay so now I am 34 weeks along, and things are okay, I have early contractions and I get super stressed out. But I love the guy. He means a lot to me and I would...

View more questions Search