Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieH Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Pregnant and need an apartment?
    I am 19 and I am currently 14 weeks along. My mother is kicking me out at the end of the month. I do have a full time job, and my boyfriend doesn't have a job. He lives with his friends family, so I can't live with him. We are searching for an apartment but are having no luck, because of the whole " you must make 3 times the rent" thing. And my boyfriend keeps telling me to get on section 8 because they can find me a place. He tells me this everyday. I have called before and they told me their waiting list was 3 years. So, I guess what I am trying to ask is, Is there any government help for me to find immediate housing? Or immediate assistance?

I live in Washington state, if that helps.
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 16, 2009, 01:29 PM

Go to where they do food stamps and all that they should have transitional housing or emergency housing
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Mar 17, 2009, 01:07 PM

There a group homes for pregnant woman/teens that are "kicked" out of their homes. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for but it's something.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 01:11 PM

I know, let Mr. Father to be, GET A JOB.
    justsillyme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 06:02 PM

Bless your heart. First of all, is there any way that you can convince your mother to let you stay until you can find a place? What on earth could she be thinking, kicking her daughter out while she's pregnant and has no place to go?

Even if it hurts your pride or makes you a little miserable, I would stay where you are for as long as you can. It's probably a more secure environment than what you're going to have at a hurried apartment. And it will give you more time to save money for a deposit, find a decent place you can afford, etc.

Now, on to the second part. Why is the father not working? Is he trying to find a job? Is he going to help support your child in the future?

If not, maybe you should really think about your relationship with him. Do you really want to be responsible if he doesn't come up with his part of the rent? What if he just up and leaves after a fight? If your name is on the lease, it's your credit on the line.

If you absolutely can't stay with your mom anymore, is there a friend you could stay with until you can find a place? Maybe you could offer to pay a little rent to them in exchange, or do housework, errands, etc.

Good luck, you will be all right even if right now is tough!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 06:16 PM

There are Salvation Army's all over the US so I think that might be a place to start.Local charities.I am sure that any homeless facility you have in town would be able to give you a good source of available programs.
    If I think of anything else I will get back.Best of luck and I'm sorry for your hard times.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 06:22 PM
    I have a salvation army link for Washington State,which is so beautiful and I had a wonderful month in Rainier.
    On the link it gives you a place to put your zip to find a salvation army in your area.
    The Salvation Army - Northwest Division

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an Apartment [ 2 Answers ]

Me and three other friends are looking into an apartment close to campus. What's a good way to find places for rent? I haven't had any luck online.

What is a 2 1/2 Apartment? [ 2 Answers ]

This may sound odd, but what is the difference between a 2 1/2 and a 3 1/2 apartment? I had a friend come over recently and remark that our apartment is called a 3 1/2 but is actually a 2 1/2... does a 2 1/2 have a kitchen that is part of the main living space (not closed off?)

18 and want an apartment. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 18 and I want to get my own apartment. But my morther keeps telling me I will not be able to get it. And she can't co-sign for me cause she lives in Australia. But I plan on moving to Council bluffs, Iowa. And I was wondering if I will be able to sign the apartment contract on my own??...

Apartment A/C [ 11 Answers ]

I live in an upstairs apartment in Houston. My a/c is not cooling off the apartment. If cools off at night, but increases throughout the day, beginning around 10 am. I have all blinds closed, a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and an oscillating fan in the living room. I have not been running the...

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search