Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil-mama08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Labour or what?
    Yesturday morning I had experienced a little cramping and a light 'show'! It went away but the cramping came back a little bit in and out trhough the day. Now this morning about about 3:00am I woke up and couldn't sleep. I started having bad cramps that lasted sometimes a minute and were about 6 minutes apart. I also had found alotof bloody mucus when I went to the bathroom and I still have some. I tried going back to sleep after about 2 hours and then woke up and now I'm getting a little more cramping here and there. Notlike this morning though. So what's going on? Is it just because I'm sstarting to dialte now and that I migth be effacing? Or is it a bit of labour? Help please. DoulaLC or J_9 if your reading this I know you got a good answer for me! You guys helped me through all my other questions.
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 12, 2009, 10:34 AM

YOU ARE IN LABOR! Seriously that was probaby your mucus plug u need to go to the hospital
    lil-mama08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
    I know it was my mucus plug coming out slowly yesturday and this morning. But the cramps comes and goes not very closely right now.. this is my first pregnancy :confused:
    GNL685 Posts: 170, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 12, 2009, 10:47 AM

If your not sure the best way is to go to the hospital its better safe than sorry did you call your dr she/he might tell you to go to the ER if you decide to go call your DR first or whoever you are seeing for prenatal care so they know you are going.. they can call the hospital and make sure they take you right away so you don't have to wait in the waiting room
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 12:10 PM

Could be the start of labour... just keep an eye on how things progress. Take care of any last minute arrangements you need to make just in case and rest as much as you can for now.
    If you start to notice they begin to pick up again, get plenty to drink and change your activity. If they continue, get closer together and stronger, give your midwife or doctor a call.
    If it is early labour, it can go on like this for quite sometime or it can pick up. Often it is suggested to head in when they have been about 3-5 minutes apart for at least an hour... but see how you feel as well.

Good luck... hope it happens soon for you!
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Mar 14, 2009, 09:19 AM

Well, I went through this twice and with my first... the slight bloody show was the mucus plug... guaranteed the next evening I broke my water and went into heavy labor... 11 hours of stage 1, 6 hours of stage 2 and 2 hours of stage 3.

With my second, there was no show BUT that cramping that sort of feels like a knife twisting up in the cervix was me dilating... I started pre-labor for the whole week. BIG THING... if you have contractions and they are persistent, haven't gone away, getting stronger, more frequent then you are dilating and are in labor... go to the hospital to get assessed. This happened to me with my boy and 3:00 am I couldn't sleep, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm the contractions went from 25-30 seconds long and 5 minutes apart (mind you they where not extremely painful - manageable)... I went to the hospital at 6:00 pm and they said that I was in labor and that I was not going anywhere since I was 6 cm dilated, sack hanging out and 80% defaced (thinned out). They popped my water at 7:30 pm (8 1/2 cm dilated) and I hit stage 2 labor from 8:00 pm - 8:40 pm and he came out 8:58 pm. (Very lucky this time around - 1 hour of stage 2 and 3)

Go to the hospital... if you don't feel right about it, your probably right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I in labour? [ 25 Answers ]

Hi I have been getting really bad pain in the middle of my back then they move to the top of my stomach then to the bottom where my whomb is and they get worse they feel like a really bad period pain. Eariler I was in the kitchen and I had to grab hold of the side and I started to breath deeply....

I am in labour yay [ 10 Answers ]

So I went in this morning they gave me the gel, my cervix was already dilated to 1cm and he could feel the head. So now I was just send home for 3 hours and then I need to go back and if I am 3 cm they will keep in and all have this baby maybe tomorrow. I really hope I will be at 3 cm by 3:30pm.

Am I in labour? [ 4 Answers ]

Woke up at 1 am with pains in my upper stomach, I ran to the washroom and I began to push because I thought I had to go number 2 but nothing. Then I began to throw up violently, the pain went to my lower abdomen. The pain in my upper stomach is always there, but the pain in my abdomen comes and...

Cat labour [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) :) I have this cat that is pregnant and she is going in her litter tray every other day and what she is doing is very large amounts lol is this a sign and also she likes it on my bed and also under my bed. Is this a sign lol Thanks:rolleyes: :)

Cat About To Go In Labour. [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: What do I have to do for my daughter's cat when she has her kitties? She seems to hide in the basement lately, but we don't want her down there, where else can we set up her box? Also can we pick up the kittens once they're born?

View more questions Search