Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Akeginu Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Good opportunity but the commute is crazy!
    A good friend of mine works in a growing company called Amerimod, and she got me an interview. At the interview I shined like a star, but the commute is crazy! I have to walk to the corner of my street to take a Train ride that is approximately 1 hour down to Manhattan. I then have to switch trains to go to the Rail Road station. After that I take the railroad, and finally a bus. The total commute time of 2 hours and 39 minutes. (by car its only 45minutes :|)

I recently got laid off, and I applied for unemployment. I have bills to pay, and although this is not my field of choice... It's still money a lot of it.
    Should I try to stick it out for a while?
    I just don't know. I love the company. It seems like a great place to work, and great benefits.. but that commute is crazyyyy.
    I don't have a car yet, but once I do.. It will be easier.
    Any Advice?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2009, 08:32 AM

Any possibility of moving closer?

Mar 12, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Any possibility of moving closer?
    Not at this moment, but I probably could. Once I finished classes in May.
    humbleman Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 08:35 AM

Hang in there. Maybe you could move closer. Do you own a car? If you really love the place try to tough it out. Good jobs that are likeable are hard to come by nowadays. Maybe if you mentioned something to them about it they might try to help.
    humbleman

Mar 12, 2009, 08:48 AM

I've been planing on getting a car. I hope to get my license on April 8th. I'm just worried about how much auto insurance would be. Last time I checked they were charging me 5,000 for 6months!
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job opportunity? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been given the opportunity to move to Australia but am in 2 minds about it. Firstly, what are the job opportunities there for someone who doesn't have any qualifications but a lot of experience? And secondly, what is needed to get in there?

Opportunity [ 15 Answers ]

Now that I'm single I have opportunities. I'm thinking of starting at work. There is a beautiful women here and I would like to ask her out. I believe I should introduce myself and ask if she would like to have a coffee outside work. What do you think. I have not dated anyone at work before but for...

Daily commute by train over 80 miles one way - tax rebate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I commute from Baltimore MD to Wilmington DE daily via Amtrak. The distance covered by train is over 80 miles in one direction. Can I get tax rebate on my monthly train ticket while filing for taxes? If yes, how can I claim tax rebate? Do I need to do itemized deduction while filing...

Which opportunity would you take? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a unique situation, which requires a little explanation: I moved to this town after college (graduated last Dec.) to learn a business from a mentor who is very successful. The idea is to work in various positions within his company for a few years while learning as much as I can, and then...

View more questions Search