Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Apr 14, 2009, 03:44 PM
    10 or 15 years ago, I would have believed the cop without much thought, but since then I have heard about so many wrongful convictions, including Donald Marshall, David Millgaard, Stephen Truscott, Guy Paul Morin, Anthony Haaynemeyer, Tom Stophonow, Bill Mullins-Johnson, Robert Baltovich among many others and I have seen from personal experience that there is a lot of police corruption. So now I would believe the prisoner more. About 5 years ago I had a dispute with a neighbor who was piling junk on my property wall, the situation escalated where he stole a property line marker, threatened to physically harm my mother and physically assaulted me on the street. When I called the police to have him charged, the officers accused me of starting it and changing my story and said if I didn't drop the matter, they would get the guy's neighbor to say that I started it! Luckily, I took him to small claims court and won a two thousand dollar settlement. You can't blame people for not trusting law enforment and the judicial system these days.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 08:38 PM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    excon agrees: They look all nice in their uniforms, but they can't hide who they are. .[/QUOTE]

Love you, Excon, but got to disagree with the word "all." You want to say they all look nice... and some can't hide who they are. Fine. But not all. Not by a long shot.

If someone said "all excon's" do this or that, you would object.

I object!
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Apr 16, 2009, 08:34 PM

I'd believe the prisoner to begin with. Then investigate and take steps as necessary according to the findings. It may not happen often but I don't think it should ever happen.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:45 PM

I believe anything is possible and of course cops are going stick up for one another. Where I live the cops saying "is we all bleed blue". Most cops think they are above the law anyway.

I remember when my cousin was in jail he used to always be put on lock down. My family use to always asked him why when we went to visit him. He told us that a CO in at the jail wanted to sleep with him but he didn't. When he turned her down she threaten to make his time in there a living hell and she follow through on her threats. I believed him because we went to visit him she would watch us closely. However he gave in to her and things turned around. Some of the other CO's knew but pretending they didn't. When he did got out he lived with and off her for a short time until he got on his feet.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 12:19 AM

Id believe the prisoner seen to many cops mistreat and beat human beings up savagely like animals for no reason, 4,5,6 cops @ a time beating on one person, come on. Police are often to aggressive and think they own the world, with ego's that shot straight through the stratosphere.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 06:29 AM

Hello again,

I'm not going to count, but it looks like MORE of us believe that the cop WOULD assault a handcuffed prisoner.

I think there's a message there... What do you think it is?

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 07:28 AM

More people on the receiving end of law enforcement post than people on the giving end?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 07:41 AM

Since I have seen many instances of police brutality,I go with the victim.

I was a protester in the late 60's and 70's and I saw people getting billy clubs to the head for sitting down.

I have witnessed it many times in my adult life as well.

I lived in a small town where the force was run by the mob and the judge and the whole crew were corrupt.

I have been arrested for defending a woman who was assaulted.By a cop!
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 07:41 AM
    I never been arrested but I see the cops take avantage of their position all the time.

Earlier on in the year a man claimed that 2 cops arrested him and while he was handcuffs they shoved some type of antenna up his rectum. Arresting officers deny it but his hospital records back up his claim. They even have the cops and him on camera and a few eye witnesses. The cops were placed on desk duty until the outcome of the trial.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    l.
    I have been arrested for defending a woman who was assaulted.By a cop!
    Your one tough cookie!
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:55 AM

excon agrees: A happy 420 to you on this most glorious of days, 4-20. Can you guess what I'm going to be doing at 4:20 this afternoon?
    I'm guessing the same as everyday at that time:)

My son is fond of telling me *Mom,I always seem to look at the clock when its 4:20,I wonder what that means* Duh!
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Your one tough cookie!
    Or just stupid! I did end up in jail and that was no day at the park :eek:
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 09:10 AM

Well, try this on for size:

I've never touched marijuana - not a single day in my life.
    My daughter was born on 4/20.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:40 PM

I had a not to bright moment. I didn't know what 4-20 meant so I asked my dad because he knows everything.

He explained everything to and tried to get me to help out. My father is from the islands and since he retired all he does he smoke. Well that's not all he does but it do it a lot. Also, he has a lot of Jamaican friends and listen to Bob Marley, go figure.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 03:20 PM

Hi ex...

I should assume the cop was telling the truth,

But you ask for immediate reaction...

My immediate reaction was to believe the prisoner!!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 06:41 PM

People lie. Cops lie. Criminals lie. And above all, politicians and people in power lie. The only way the cop gets convicted is if he left his camera on or he was recorded on a public camera.

Play forensics. Marks where handcuffs are and marks on criminals body.

Any combination is possible.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    excon agrees: A happy 420 to you on this most glorious of days, 4-20. Can you guess what I'm going to be doing at 4:20 this afternoon?
    I'm guessing the same as everyday at that time:)

My son is fond of telling me *Mom,I always seem to look at the clock when its 4:20,I wonder what that means* Duh!
    What is 4/20:confused:
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 10:10 PM

What is 4/20?

The day to smoke weed... April 20th. Or every day at 4:20 pm.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    What is 4/20?

The day to smoke weed... April 20th. Or every day at 4:20 pm.
    K thanks lizz
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 02:21 AM

Urban Dictionary: 420

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do police lie? [ 7 Answers ]

Well this really has to do with getting pulled over for a back tail light that really wasn't broken the car smells like alcohol then the breath meter. NOW the cop tells me that I am doulble over the limit, I wanted to see for myself and the cop refused, I ask for a blood test as soon as I got to...

Military Police [ 6 Answers ]

I'm getting ready to Join the Army National Guard, then I'm going through there active first program. I want to be in the military police, I've done my research on it, I've talked with other MP's, in fact my best friend is one. Some mebers of my family think that I'm making a mistake, that I'm too...

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

Police brutality? [ 3 Answers ]

So, in my town, a friend was shot to death because, according to the paper, he had a psychiatric episode and threatened the cops with a 2-1/2-inch knife. They shot him in the chest sevel times. He dies 10 minutes later, begging for help. They shot him after two minutes of arguing. What do you think?

Police brutality [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any law that defend police brutality ?

View more questions Search