Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aakash_sharma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:59 PM
    H1B married to Citizen
    Hi. How long it takes to transfer H1b to immigration visa sponsored by US citizen spouse. Secondly, are the immigration documents filed at the time of marriage, and does the marriage needs to be registered at civil court. The couple is in USA.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Mar 13, 2009, 11:13 PM

There is no "transfer." the process is called adjustment of status. Generally 90 days to get an EAD and AP. Total 4-8 months for the 245 interview.

USCIS filing can be done any time after the marriage. Does not need to be a civil ceremony.

I trust this is responsive to your inquiry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married to US citizen [ 3 Answers ]

I have unusual case. Currently I am: 1. Under deportation proceeding 2. Married to US citizen 3. Have an approved I-130 4. Have sent an I-485 change of status along with I-765 (work permit) 5. Have done fingerprinting for work permit. 6. Have filed for termination of deportation...

Married to a US Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband is an american citizen born and raised, I on the other hand am British, I have 2 boys of my own, we have been married nearly 8 yrs We originally only came to visit my then american boyfriend who is now my husband on a visa waiver program but ended up staying My boys are now...

Married to an US citizen - How do I become a citizen myself [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Experts: I married a US citizen, and I want to become a US citizen myself. We both don't live in the US at the moment and are not planning on living there either. Is that possible? What do I have to do and where can I find information about this? Thanks so much! Kiesel

View more questions Search