Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roberto valdez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Connect speakers to laptop
    I have a laptop and a music mixer software in my laptop and I wanted to connect it to the speakers of my house. Does anybody know how can I do it?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 08:19 AM

Your laptop should have a stereo output connector on its side or its back. That's usually a 1-volt peak-to-peak signal. It's usually a 1/8" stereo phono plug, if I remember properly (too lazy to look). If you take that and connect it it into the auxiliary inputs (a pair of red and yellow RCA jacks) of the amplifier that drives the house speakers, you will undoubtedly be successful.

You can also connect the stereo to the headphone output, if you don't have the 1 volt peak-to-peak signal. It will then have to be amplified and it might be a bit noisy, but it will work.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 10:14 AM

Use your headphone jack as output to your speaker unless you actually have a line-out
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2009, 08:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    use your headphone jack as output to your speaker unless you actually have a line-out
    If no line out the get a 3.5mm to rca(female) then a long rca cable and go to a input on your stereo receiver.

When using your computer switch input to appropriate one your stereo.

So...
    [laptop]-{3.5toRCA}{RCAcable}--------[reciever]

Hope I made sense

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Easiest way to connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista

Laptop Speakers/Head Set functioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have bought Acer Aspire 5920 Laptop in India. For a quite good time, its speaker system and headset worked well. But recently, when In inserted headset pin in the jack, its inbuilt speakers are not switching off and also the headset output is not working. Can any one help me. I have Realtek...

How to connect home stereo speakers [ 1 Answers ]

I have just acquired a pair of Sharp stereo speakers that have an inbuilt sub-woofer. Each speaker has a separate set of connecting wires for the sub-woofer. Am I supposed to join the wires (positive to positive etc) and insert them into the same hole in the back of the stereo or should the...

Ok to connect 8 ohm speakers to 4 ohm stereo? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a mini stereo that comes with speakers rated at 4 ohms. I want to hook up the stereo to the in-wall speakers in the bathroom, which are rated at 8 ohms. Is this doable as-is? If not, are there any (reasonable) means of making it so? Thanks for any advice!

View more questions Search