Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nandita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2006, 05:49 PM
    How to lose weight
    I am 37 years old. My height is 5 ft 3 inches and I weigh approx 213 lbs. How long will it take to reach my ideal weight if I don't go overboard with dieting ?
    Also please tell me what is my ideal weight. I don't like to exercise. Also please tell me how many calories I should have daily in order to lose weight.
    mlewis631 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Here is a link to a sight that I think will answer all of your questions. There are calculators on this site to calculate BMI, ideal body weight and how long it will take you to get to your ideal weight. It has a lot of other great information too. http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

I am also on a quest to lose weight. I am 5'4" and I started at 172.5lbs. I am proud to say that in one month I have lost 15.5 lbs, and I now weigh 157. My secret is the diet pill phentermine. I know that most people advise against diet pills because you usually end up gaining the weight back. However, if you take the pill with the right attitude and mind set you will be able to keep it off. You simply have to look at the pill as a way to HELP you change your eating habits and also a way to give you energy to get you motivated to exercise. I am currently working out 4 days a week. I have also completely changed the way I eat. I drink nothing but water, have cut out all sugar and watch my calorie and fat intake very closely. Please know that phentermine is not for everyone. If you have certain health conditions such as high blood pressure then you cannot take it. If phentermine is not for you, I have been seeing lots of good things about Hoodia lately. It is an herbal appetite suppressant. It would probably be much safer. Hope I have helped you.
    tyhirah lyles Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 08:49 AM

Girl let me keep it real not to be rood but working out is the best way to lose your weight.and eating less mabe only 3 meals a day little snacks betweetn hours just dontturn your snacks into meals.but trust me start working out 2 times a week you will be good.
    missteetee Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 10:11 PM

Yes, I agree working out is the best way to lose weight. Try working out on a recumbent exercise bike but if you feel you don't want to work out then go for the liposuction, or gastric bypass.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by missteetee View Post
    Yes, i agree working out is the best way to lose weight. Try working out on a recumbent exercise bike but if you feel you dont want to work out then go for the liposuction, or gastric bypass.
    Surgery so she doesn't have to work out? We're people. We're supposed to move around.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
    The OP'ers quesition is old-ish and there's been no response since aug, so I hesitate to answer a thread that's being ignored, but ill add to the discussion...

Sitting around and just dieting will do less for your heart health, your vascular system, your HDL/LDL ratios, your bone strength (osteoporosis sound like fun?), lung capacity, immune system, etc than reasonable nutrition plus exercise.

Also, most people experience metabolism "meltdowns" as they age... meaning the same food intake suddenly results in pounds added. It's a mean, ugly thing.

Fitness comes from a combination of proper nutrition and exercise.

You don't have to like it, but you do have to do it if you want to be healthy, especially sooner than later. Even a short workout in the morning with a 45 min dvd in your own home will crank your metabolism for half the day, reaping benefits much faster that diet alone.

The body is designed to adjust to the "norm"... if you decrease your diet, you will lose a little more weight on the front side, then much less. Your metabolism will decrease. It's a survival skill your body uses in "times of famine". Yes, you can still lose weight with a restricted diet, but it will take much longer than with a moderate diet and moderate exercise.

Some say a "habit" takes six weeks to develop. If you've tried exercise before but not stuck with it for a couple of months, you might have given up too soon. Its not uncommon for those who stay on task to begin "missing" workouts when they are skipped because life gets in the way.

If you choose not to workout, its your choice. Be prepared for a longer, harder struggle that requires a much more restricted diet.

But if my car isn't burning fuel efficiently, if I'm getting lower miles per gallon, I take it in for a tune up to keep it running at top form. Why treat your body worse than your car?
    Armygirl80 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2008, 08:44 PM

Definitely working out, cutting back and SODA (replacing with H2O)
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 02:25 AM

This answer is NOT a joke!

It has been suggested by a medical dietician.

The answer is very simple.!

Try your very best to make your arms longer.

If you don't get it , here is the explanation.

You can definitely grow your arms longer, more weight YES, by pushing yourself away
    From the EATING table.
    You are sure to lose weight by perseverance.
    It works believe me.

Good luck.

Rolcam.
    LinDz1982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Just dieting alone isn't going to help. If you are trying to lose major weight, you need to do cardio to lose the fat, and strength training to tone what you lose up and do it all in intervals. When dieting, it doesn't mean you have to give up the foods you love, but you do need to cut back on how much you eat because if you are eating more calories then you are burning in one day, you are going to gain weight. The object is, you want to speed up your metabolism so you can lose the weight and keep it off. Drink plenty of water, drink green tea instead of coffee or soda, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, make sure you get plenty of whole grain, take a multi vitamin to help with energy and your overall health, eat a good amount of lean protein, watch your cholosteral intake, and its OK to snack, but make sure the snacks are lite and not high with sugar and loaded with empty calories that are going to expand your waistline instead of shrink it. Do all these things regularly, and you will see results. Also throw some yoga stretches before and after workouts to help lengthen your muscles and build strength as well. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lose A LOT of weight [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Sheena and in last two years I have gained about 90lbs,I swear I gain like 2lbs a week and my eating habits aren't that bad. I recently got a gym membership and have been going every day and I also ride my horse every day. I need some advise on what to get at the grocery store...

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been trying to loose weight for a very long time!! I am very active as in walking and always running around with the kids I work with! But I never seem to loose weight! Almost a year ago I gained a lot of weight after my house my burnt down and never seemed too loose...

Lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there expert buddy I have problem with my weight, I am 182 lbs.. I have a difficult time waking up in the morning. I used to dance belly dancing, but I stop it.. My friends told me to try to go to GYM, I insist that when I go to GYM, there are tendency that I cannot maintain my routine...

Need some help to lose weight.. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want some tips to lose weight so please give me efftive tips because I tried many of them doing.. I did many execersie and also started gym but no good result please help me...

View more questions Search