Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrjlbunch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Tax sale homes
    Hi, I will be going to attent auction fir buying tax sale foreclosures. However I have some questions:
    1. If the previous owner still have mortgage left or equity loan on it, who would be responsible for it?
    2. If the previous owner still live there, how do I get them out of there?
    3. Once I paid the bid, how would I get the ordinary clean title, instead of referee title?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 05:19 PM

I am going to editorialize here for a second...

If you do not know the answers to these questions and need to come onto the internet to get them answered, you are probably best off not being a part of a very difficult and convoluted process such as getting a cleared title from a tax sale.

Save your money and invest it wisely.

Please pardon my rant.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2009, 05:29 PM

1. If there is still an outstanding loan on the property then the lender is going to pay the taxes ti protect their interest.
    2. Once title is passed to you, you will have to go through a formal eviction process to physically remove the resident.
    3. That varies per county,

But I agree with Steve, Properties that go in tax sales are most likely to abandoned and in disrepair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homes for sale with tax liens [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have just recently started to get into tax lien sales and I went by a few properties that are listed on the auction site and two of the properties with tax liens have for sale signs in their front yard. How can they sell their house if they owe taxes? Did they file for a lien discharge...

Forclosures and homes for sale [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a renter and I really don't know too much about real estate so that's why I am asking about this situation. I rented through a real estate in may 2008 and somewhere down the line I found out the house was going into foreclosure so I stopped paying rent in August 2008. Am I still liable to...

Buying Tax sale homes [ 5 Answers ]

I am a student who recently took out a private student loan for school. I will have roughly $10,000 left after I pay a few debts off. I want to find a way to invest the remaining money so that I can create a profit on the loan, and I was interested in buying a tax sale home. The problem is, I know...

Short sale of homes [ 1 Answers ]

What is Short Sale? And how can I learn the process involved. Thanks.

Homes for sale with tax liens #2 [ 1 Answers ]

So, if the person selling their house has a tax lien on the home then they have to pay those taxes in the closing fee. Got it. But, what happens if the home does not sell before the tax lien sale occurs? Can the tax lien still be up for auction? Wouldn't this stop the home from being sold?

View more questions Search