Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salamander5 Posts: 87, Reputation: 5

Mar 11, 2009, 02:48 PM
    Itunes library disappeared?
    One day I went to itunes and my library had just disappeared. I don't know what happened to it like none of the songs were there. So weird. Has this ever happened to anyone and do you know how to get it back?:confused::confused:
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 13, 2009, 04:38 PM

In a Mac or Vista the path to your music is basically the same from inside your folder on the local hard drive the path is Music/iTunes/iTunes music. If you still see your music in this folder you are almost golden.
    Now for the disclaimer I am a Mac and Linux geek not a Wingeek, nothing wrong with Wingeeks just I am not one. So the rest of this message is for you if you are running a Mac, I am not sure if the steps would be the same for XP or Vista.
    If your music is still there and not showing up in iTunes your iTunes Library file is more than likely corrupted. On a mac first try running Disk Utilites-repair Permissions on your hard drive and after a reboot try iTunes again.

Warning this next step will cause you to loose your current play lists

If the problem persist you will need to delete the iTunesLibrary file in Music/iTunes/. Relaunch iTunes and go to “File” and “Add to Library” the select the folder Music/iTunes/iTunes music, and iTuens will re import the music.

If you did not find your music in Music/iTunes/iTunes music check the trash or pull it forward from Time Machine if you are running OS 10.5 and keeping a Time Machine backup.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 14, 2009, 12:40 PM

EphPod - iPod for Windows (and Linux) :: HOME

Has a recovery tool in it as well as a lot of other nice features for the iPod.

Edit: this is what you get for buying apple products :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My iPod to others itunes library? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know if this is possible or not but its worth a shot... okay so I want to add my music to m boyfriends itunes from my iPod. I don't know how I can possibly do this I plug it in to his itunes but it will not let me drag it into his library. Is there any way of doing this?. and I am no...

How to make iPod library, not just device library? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Ipod that I just got and put on my moms laptop, but now I have a laptop so I put it on my own computer. My library will only show up if the iPod is plugged in and even then it is not my primary library. If I click on the library (at the top of the main Itunes page) no music comes up, to...

She just disappeared. [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I reconnected with a young woman I knew while in college. Though we didn't date (I was dating others at the time and her school was two states away), there was an obvious attraction and mutual high regard. During an initial date we decided to plan a trip to celebrate the new year, and it...

Itunes deleted existing library after loading new music [ 1 Answers ]

I loaded new music from the itunes store, and it loaded them into itunes, but apparently deleted (or hid?) the existing library. I have the feeling that the music is 'there' but cannot see it.

View more questions Search