Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    microcutz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Find out name of old Anime film.
    Hey Everyone, I really need help to find the name of an old anime film I saw as a kid (on vhs)back in the late 80's early 90's(the film may have been produced before this, don't know). I can remember some of the story surrounding the plot and the vhs was entitled Once Upon a Time (but this was not the name of the film).

The story is about two countries at war. One a green luscious land the other dark and industrious. The story centres around a girl from one side and a guy from the other who are in love but cannot be together because of their different opinions of the war. They end up meeting then simultaneously either killing each other or jointly committing suicide (happy, I know).
    I also remember that when people in the film die they would turn into ghostly red birds and would fly up to a silver/grey starship in the sky.
    There were also kamikaze pilots who would see really nasty hallucinations.

If anyone can help please let me know. I have been searching for this film for years now. I last saw it when I was about 8 and I've never been able to get it out of my head since.
    If it's any help the certificate on the film was a U, although this did not relate at all to the films more adult content; as far as I can remember it was reasonably violent.

Thaks guys, hope to hear from someone soon.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 03:35 PM

Dôwa meita senshi Windaria (1986)
    microcutz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn F View Post
    Fantastic you are the best! I've been trying to find this for years. You've made me one very happy person! Thanks a million!:)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 03:32 PM

Happy to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make an anime film! :mad: [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: I am currently directing an anime. I've got the script, the cast, the plot, the outline, etc. The only problem is I don't know how to make the actual film. I tried using FLASH, but it didn't come out the right way. The way I wanted it to look is kind of like real Japanese anime. What can I...

Identify a 80's/90's Space Anime Film- 'Truckers' (?) [ 1 Answers ]

Haha, OK I remember seeing this back in the arly 90's say between 92-95, it was on VHS cassete (obviously) and I'm 99% sure it was a one off film not a series. The plot synopsis as far as I can remember was a renegade army (?) had captured a princess and one of the first scenes was her naked...

Trying to find a name for an anime movie [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... there is this movie that I remember watching about 10 years ago... but I only remember bits and pieces about it and I was Hoping someone might remember better than I can... so here is the parts I Remember... -4 sisters maybe 5 (not sure) and they are going to battle...

Trying to find name of film [ 1 Answers ]

Years ago I saw a film it was about a couple the move into a new house the women finds a wedding dress in the attic that is ripped. When the women put the dress on she is transported back in time to the time when the dress was last warn. Me and my mum loved this film and have spent years trying to...

Help me find this film [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if any one knew the name of a film I saw once. I first saw it in the early 90's but the film may have been older and all I can remember about it is that a young girl and her family move house and she goes to the attic and discovers a ghost of a gil trapped in the mirror and some...

View more questions Search