Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JayWarG077 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Leaky condenser trap in Buderus Model GB-142-30
    To correct my earlier, apparently inaccurate request, I need to know how often leaks from a Boderus gas powered boiler system occur because of a failed condenser trap. The technician who repaired ours knows of at least one other in the area, but ours was the first Buderus boiler system installed near Ithaca, NY in Dec 2006.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 02:55 PM
    I do not believe anyone here will be keeping track on how many defective parts are in that boiler but are you talking about part number 44 in the below doc.

Most if not all of the new style condensing boilers have problems of one kind or another since this is new territory to most. In our testing at the university only one boiler tested was trouble free and that was the Monitor brand unit. It has been produced for many years in Europe and is a very fine unit.

Sooner or later the bugs will all be worked out or the manufactures that continue to have problems will stop selling them. I would contact the manufacturer and state your displeasure with the repair and costs. BTW I believe the part should have been under warranty. One item I would like to add. These units as well as all the others like it require service EVERY year before the season. If you read the manual I provided in the next post below you will see how it has a whole page devoted to just cleaning and service of the part I believe you just had to replace.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (280.1 KB, 357 views)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 03:01 PM
    BTW here is all the info you need on your boiler. Keep a copy on your computer for future use.

http://www.deltaairsystems.com/pdf/B...n%20Manual.pdf
    ononewheel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 05:01 AM
    This is a common problem with the GB that has been acknowledged by Buderus. It usually happens in hi temperature applications such as baseboard systems. They have redesigned the material of the trap and you can get a replacement that will solve this problem.
    fishtrap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 07:21 AM
    I had a failed condenser trap on a 2 1/2 year old GB 142. My boiler runs a radiant system in the basement slab, several radiators in the attic, the heating coil in my air handler, and the DHW. I am in Hudson, NY. I noticed that the condenser trap had been redisigned from the original, with a stabilizer foot on the bottom. This led me to believe that this has not been uncommon in this boiler. Anyone with one of these models that are several years old should keep an eye on this. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky condenser unit in GB-142-30 [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know how many customers have been saddled with a costly repair of a cracked/leaky condenser unit in a GB-142-30 model Buderus furnace. Our unit was installed in Nov/Dec 2006 and recently had to have the condenser trap replaced at a cost of $280.70. It looks like the trap was fabricated...

Buderus Furnace leaking water [ 8 Answers ]

My furnace is buderus with a becket burner, it is about 6 years old and has been serviced every year. I have been having a problem lately with it kicking on when the temp in the house is warmer than the termastate is set at and I know found it has water leaking from it. Can you tell me what...

Leaky p trap connection [ 4 Answers ]

How do I fix a leaky p-valve connection? All parts are pvc, and the screwing part that attaches the p trap to the pipe coming from the drain is leaking on the underside. Can I do this myself? What supplies do I need? Thanks!

Replacing A/C - condenser or heat pump/condenser [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old and will not survive a scheduled reroofing of the building. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new condenser unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed....

View more questions Search