Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wungd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2006, 09:58 AM
    RUUD AC and Furnace Blower Not Shutting Off
    My RUUD central ac and furnace blower run continuously even after I set my Durabrand automatic thermostat to OFF. It gets really cold in the house and I have to shut off the circuit breakers to both the AC and the Furnace to turn them off. Thermostat worked fine up until a week ago, new batteries installed. AC compressor and furnace fan runs continuously regardless of COOL-OFF-HEAT or temp setting.

Any clue as to what is going on?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Could be your contactor at the condenser is stuck closed. Shut the power off to unit and inspect it. It is not and expensive repair.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 08:46 PM
    It is possible that in changing the batteries that you may have moved a wire at the termostat and it is shorted to another wire. If this happened it would probably be the red and the yellow wires that are touching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower for furnace won't turn on [ 2 Answers ]

I have just re-lit my pilot light for the winter. The furnace is turning on with the thermostat set, but the blower isn't. If I put the blower to manual it turns on, but not in the auto setting. What do I need to do?

Furnace blower turns on and off [ 4 Answers ]

Furnace comes on and heats properly. After it turns off the blower kicks on and off several times more times.

Blower not shutting off, heat comes on while in off position [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, The blower motor will not shut off unless done at the breaker. It will stay on even in "auto" position and when heat is not on. What's really weird is that last night even though the unit was in "off" position the heat actually come on during the night to the tempature that was set......

Furnace blower? [ 3 Answers ]

This morning my furnace in the attic was making some weird sounds. By lunch time the was a burning smell through my vents. At lunch time no heat was blowing through my vents in the house. I turned the a/c on and still nothing. My unit outside is working fine too. What do you think it could be?

Furnace/blower. [ 6 Answers ]

Been searching but so far I haven't found any information that really helps me. I've lived in this house for about a year and a half now, it has the original furance in it(house was built in the 70's I blelieve). Last year the furnace worked fine, and had worked fine so far this year. I live in...

View more questions Search