Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deebug12d Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Mouse Pointer opens programs without clicking on anything
    Sometimes when I just run my mouse pointer over something it will open without me clicking on anything. Also sometimes is is very jerky. I have to start task manager and restart my computer. I am running windows vista on a acer laptop.
    basilrazi Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2009, 02:13 AM

I see you have a laptop. Are you using a mouse or the mouse pad?

Open mouse properties from control panel, and find the tap-to-click checkbox and check that box.

I hope this helps
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 12:01 AM

It might be selected as mouse pointer should responded automatically when it is on the any icon.
    So, change the setting from control panel, mouse - select the mouse pointer setting and make it manually.
    You can change the setting which way behave a mouse.
    Go to folder option - view tab and it will show different options and it can be specified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erratic Mouse Pointer [ 2 Answers ]

My wireless mouse pointer is erratic, that makes it hard to use my mouse. How do I fix it?

John Deere L110 Clicking sound on start - new solenoid, still clicking! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I cut my lawn, engine was running for about 2 hours. Stopped at neighbors house, cold beer, go to restart, just a clicking sound. Thought battery was dead, did a quick check, good voltage, hooked it up to a charger, good amps. Still clicking. I figure it's the solenoid, picked one up...

Pointer dogs [ 6 Answers ]

why do pointers point? Are they the only breed that points? I was told I had a half boxer and half doberman dog. But she looks more like a pointer, I have noticed she always puts her paw up when she stops walking. I thought she was injured at first but noticed it is not always the same paw and she...

Pointer breed [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted a pointer from the humane society about 6 weeks ago. I want to know if anyone knows of a website for pointers. I want to know about them.

Uncontrolable mouse pointer [ 4 Answers ]

This issue I am about to describe has been on the PC since brand new. Scenario: PC was built by a programmer who made a private custom program. Without going into too much detail, there had to be a lot of match-ups with Mother Board,CPU and Memory. OS is Win XP Pro. (sp2) Built around 2002...

View more questions Search