Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

Mar 10, 2009, 03:20 PM
    Rv bunkbed safety rails
    This is for you RVers with young children and bunkbeds. We have a 2 1/2 yo boy who will have to sleep in the bunkbeds this year, since he has grown out of his pack-n-play. Has anyone come up with or purchased a good safety rail, like you would put on their bed at home? Ours is still in a crib and doesn't have a big boy bed yet. He's really not ready, but for camping this summer he's going to have to be. We bought a bed safety rail at a yard sale last year, but the arms that go under the mattress are too long, because the beds are so narrow. It would be nice to find one on tension arms, kind of like a shower rod is, has anyone seen one like this? We'd like to make him sleep in the middle bunk with a rail, so hopefully he won't try to climb out if his way is blocked. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.
    jillrenee15 Posts: 103, Reputation: 11

Jul 12, 2009, 03:43 AM

I never did get an answer to this, but I did find a way to manage my objective. I bought a normal twin bed safety side at a yard sale. My husband and I cut down the arms that go under the mattress and drilled new holes in them. We then used velcro under the mattress to hold the arms down to the wood bunk so he couldn't flip out of there by pushing on the rail. It works great!! He's been sleeping in the bunk all summer with no trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conversion rails for crib [ 13 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a good set of bed rails for a convertible crib? The crib I bought for my son says it converts from a crib, to a toddler bed, a daybed, and finally to a full size bed. My son is almost 2 and we're ready to convert to a toddler bed. The toddler conversion is basically removing the...

My daughter is going of the rails [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 18 stealing&has been throne out by her mum,my present girlfriend says she untidy&girlfriend &wont put up with her, I don't know what to for the best?she's my first born... wit end dad:eek:

Pool bottom rails [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find the rails for under my silverado pool. It is between 10 and 13 years old. Does anyone know where to find it? I have searched extensively for it online and not been able to discover anything close. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

Chair rails [ 1 Answers ]

How high should a chair rail be in a 9 foot high room?

View more questions Search