Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Too many medications
    I just wanted to post this article about the effects of taking too many different drugs at once.

I think it's important for people to know about.

Is Your Parent Over-Medicated?
    When Siri Carpenter suspected her mother's multiple prescriptions were causing memory loss, she discovered an epidemic that affects millions

<http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/is-your-parent-over-medicated/f06d800cf0ffc110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/news.voices/in.the.magazine/december.2008.issue>
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 09:54 PM

Very good article.

My Mother and My uncle have a list of medicine for everything you can think of and I tell them that the medicine is only going to kill them one day.

My aunt, years ago collapsed dead one day and they think her heart gave out because of all the different medications. I remember I went there for breakfast one day and I must have seen 20 different pill bottles.

It is an epedemic and it happens a lot but some people you can explain and talk to until blue in the face but all they want is there drugs.

Not saying they are all bad or that some are not absolutely necessary but there has to be some kind of control.

Patients needs to take that extra to step to question the doctors, pharmacists , etc...

Thank you for the article.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medications [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks

Too many medications! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm recovering from flu at the moment, having been in bed for over a week. My impacted wisdom tooth has become infected and a trip to the dentist on Tuesday left me with a course of antibiotics (Metronidazole). Now, the Metronidazole (I've only just started it) are making me vomit which to be...

Co-pay on medications [ 1 Answers ]

My employer pays for medical premiums, and I have a co-payment for drugs, can those expenses be claimed when doing tax returns?

Help with medications [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any help out getting medications at a much less cost? My copay for my meds has quadrupled and I just can't affor them anymore. I'm having to choose which ones I can do with out. I'm a diabetic and I also have MS. PLEASE help I don't know where to turn :'(

View more questions Search