Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathleenscp Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Headlights blink when traveling
    I have a blue bird bus. When I turn the lights on they stay on but when I start to drive they blink on and off. I've checked for water in the lens. Anything else I can look for?
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Aug 27, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Check your headlight switch, this problem has been solved on some heavy
    Duty trucks with replacement of the switch. Also check for possible loose ground connections.
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Aug 30, 2006, 12:37 AM
    Pull the switch out of the dash and pull wire harnesses off it and plug the wire harnesses onto the new switch and see if that solves it. Sorry I am not familiar with how to remove the headlight switch from a blue bird bus.
    Check for corroded or loose ground connections before attempting the
    Headlight switch.
    Shadetree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 05:10 AM
    You did not state the year model of the bus, but some of the older models had a circuit breaker built into the headlight switch, to prevent a short circuit form causing a fire.This often starts cycling off and on when vehicle is moving because there is an intermittent short circuit in the lighting circuit.More than likely on the running,parking, or headlight circuit.See if anything has rolled onto or pinched any of these wires, front or rear.
    While a loose ground will cause an intermittent dimming of the lights, a short circuit will cause an intermmittent, quick blink-off- on of the light.(listen for a subtle "Clicking" sound near the headlight switch when lights blink off and on.
    Also, a loose ground will make all lights appear "dim" or "yellowish", even when not blinking.Sometimes this occurs when body work has been performed and the sheet metal componets are not properly "Bonded" to the frame, (electrically, bonded, that is)

Hope this helps.
    Shadetree

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing headlights--97 civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Honda Civic Coupe and I bought new headlights to put in. The problem is, I have no clue how and my manual does not help.? Does anyone here know how to do it and could tell me? Thanks!

No headlights [ 3 Answers ]

Son and I are working on a 1982 Ford Bronco the problem is there is no headlights or tail lights. We have installed new dimmer swithch and light switch still nothing. Seems like there is no power but can't find a fuse or a fusable link for this system. Blinkers and brake lights do work. Where...

No Power, NIC lights blink, Fan spins for a second... That is all. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old compaq from about 2000, it ran win98 SE. I needed a second computer so I was going to try to work with that. It was working last time it was used, now when I plug in the power cord the fan starts to spin, the NIC lights blink, and that is all. There is a dim yellow light on the...

Headlights 1992 Chevy Pickup [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the low beams on my 1992 C150 Chevy pickup and for the life of me I can not see how to get at the beams. Anyone got an idea how I accomplish this? Thanks Super Dave

View more questions Search