Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Obamanomics not passing the smell test
    "...As the Senate inches closer to approving a $410 billion spending bill, the internal revolt has served as a warning to party leaders pursuing Obama's far-reaching plans for health-care, energy and education reform.

"Those goals, spelled out in Obama's 2010 budget blueprint, continue to enjoy broad Democratic support. But as the ideas develop into detailed legislation, they will transform from abstract objectives into a tangle of difficult trade-offs...

"The Menendez rebellion was a jolt of political reality for Reid, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Obama, signaling that the solidarity of the stimulus debate is fading as Democratic lawmakers are starting to read the fine print of the bills they will wrestle with in the coming weeks and months, and not always liking what they see."
    Dems face internal revolt over Obama agenda - Washington Post- msnbc.com
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Menendez has issues with the Cuba provisions of the bill . Otherwise he is as lib as it gets with spending . Ben Nelson; a blue dog Democrat however in the old days would've been a Reagan Democrat and Republicans need to build an alliance with the blue dogs to put the brakes on some of the President's hell bent path.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 06:39 AM

Interesting mutts, those Blue Dogs; I guess they are really busy these days reading the Omnibus and the Budget. :: Blue Dog Coalition Website
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 07:49 PM

"Heads should be rolling at the White House for the embarrassing series of flubs that have overshadowed President Obama's first seven weeks in office and given the scattered, demoralized Republicans a huge boost toward regrouping and resurrection."
    Camille Paglia on Obama, Rush and Daniela Mercury | Salon
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 02:27 AM
    Paglia's column is my favorite lib read .She's the only Obama supporter who gets Sarah Palin. What makes it more impressive is that she comes from the ivory towers of university professors and is still one of the leading feminists in the country . Yet she has the intellectual honesty to keep an open mind and has quarreled with the liberals, the Democrat Party hierarchy ,and her peer feminists icons .
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 02:38 PM

The only thing wrong with Paglia's column is she blames the wrong people .

Obama hired his staff of flacks, fixers and goons -- his posse of smirky smart alecks and provincial rubes...dazed lost lambs in the brave new world of federal legislation and global statesmanship.... slick geeks blindsided and overwhelmed by the crushing demands of the presidency... oafish bunch of drunken frat boys...shifty, beady-eyed guys needing a shave .

He is responsible for their ghastly performance so far.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He is responsible for their ghastly performance so far.
    Obama's veneer of cynical, sneering, arrogance is wearing thin.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 02:53 PM

"Lower tax revenue and massive government spending on the bank bailout pushed the federal deficit to $765 billion in the first five months of the budget year, well on its way to hitting the Obama administration's projection of a record annual imbalance of $1.75 trillion.
    The Treasury Department also said Wednesday that the February deficit reached $192.8 billion. That's a record for the month and up 10 percent from a year ago, but below analysts' expectations of $205.7 billion."
    Budget deficit reaches $765B in 5 months

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passing A Hair Folical Test [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that if you strip and then bleach your hair that you will pass a hair folical test?

Passing a UA alcohol test on probation [ 26 Answers ]

If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday? I don't know if the probation departments just check the level of alcohol in urine,( can detect alcohol up to 24 hours) or if they do a more extensive test that can detect alcohol for up to five days. Has anyone heard or...

Passing a drug test [ 7 Answers ]

I took three hits of meth yesterday @ 8PM and around 2Pm today I took a home drug test and it came out positive. I need to go test later on today the latest being 6:45pm is their any way that I can pass it by then?

F1 to H1 passing substantial pres. Test plus married [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for providing insightful information at the site. Though, I am not sure about my exact situation. Here it goes: I was on F1 until May 2005 in Massachusetts and then moved to California for work on H1B (thus passing the subs. Presence test). Besides, I got married in Dec 2005 in US to...

View more questions Search