Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madamebutterfly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Brown liquid not like discharge
    Hi, I have been to the doctors with very sore nether regions, bleeding from the skin around my vagina not from inside, abdominal pain mainly on the left lower down at front and sudden severe incontinence

She said I had a urine infeciton and possibly thush (dispite the lack of discharge) and I also told her I was two weeks late for my period despite not having sex or being on contraception for four months

She gave me antibiotics and cream and so on, which is helping but the thing that worried me is I was bending down over a mirror to see where I was putitng the cream and this runny stuff the same colour and consistency of chocolate milk shot out of my vagina, I thought maybe it was the beginning of a period but since then nothing, it was also a completely different colour to brown dishcarge I have experienced in the past and still no period or anything, I now notice a strong smell

Could this all be thrush? Should I go back? Could it be something more sinister? Anyone had anything similar before? A bit scared...
    madamebutterfly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Oh, just to clarify- never thought of this,

I am my boyfriends first and the other person I have slept with we were both virgins , and I have never had unprotected sex so an STD is probbly out of the question

Also I have not seen anymore brown stuff and the smell came after the brown stuff

It is now seven weeks since my last period and I have had a couple of severe lower down cramps as if I'm going to have a period- rushed out to buy tampons and their all still in the box..

I also am experiencing suddenly getting very hot for a few minutes and even feeling faint then it passing and me being fine, I have occisonally sudeenly coem over very cold and shivery too but agai it passes before I worry about it

I have only been sexually active a year and my doctors don't worry about smear tests until you've been at it for five years maybe I should ask specifically

Actually the more I write the more I know I got to see a doctor, obviously I'm not asking for a diagnosis, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced smething similar, and if there's any advice out there I can take or any ressurance as I can't get an appointment till at least Thursday 4 days time and I'm doing my nut!

mandabaaby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Comment on madamebutterfly's post
    It doesn't help out the girls question at all. She asked why she was having brown discharge
    mandabaaby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Ok. Soo.. when you were rubbing on the cream and using the Antibiotics.. How long have you been using them for... Because Antibiotics will cause a Yeast infection on the vagina... I might be wrong.. But I was looking threw the questions to find out why I was also having brown stuff... it comes after my period is done... But now Im on the needle [Depo-Provera] and I don't get my needle... so now I have brown stuff Commin out of my vagina.. It was very light.. but I went to go pee tonight.. and all that came out was the brown stuff... What's going on? Will it be over in a couple days.. (Its sunday) and I have until Thursday for it to stop!! What do I do?
    justaname Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Don't be scared by any sorts of brown discharge, it can mean a number of things but very rarely is bad.

Right before and right after your period, the body will create a brown, mucus or liquid like discharge. It's the body's natural way of preparing the body for the period, and it commonly happens a week before to a week after the menstrual cycle. If you have taken the one pilll for the seven days elimation of yeast infection, then brown liquid will also remove itself. This is just old blood and bad bacteria leaving your system.

Skin irritation in or around the vagina is very commonly yeast infection, but can very easily be an allergic reaction to condoms or vaginal dryness. Before having sex, try getting more worked up or using natural-feeling lubricants, like KY Jelly.

You should know and understand yeast infection. It's a fungus and it grows if it's not treated properly, your doctor putting you on anti biotic for it doesn't make a lot of sense since anti biotic s is one of it's main causes. Yeast can appear in any other part of your body and will continue to grow if not properly removed.

If your symptoms do not subside, consider the following:

- First, get tested for anything possible. If it's not Yeast, it could be something, STD or not, it's a very easy place to get infections, cysts and skin conditions.
    - Have your boyfriend get checked out, girls can pass yeast infection on to their mates, and very seldom to the guys feel symptoms. If he's scared for the medicine, tell him not to worry, it's just a cream that actually feels quite soothing.
    - Eat garlic. Daily.
    - Plain yogurt, unsweetened as acidiphilus, which is a pro biotic found in the vaginal walls which help fight against yeast, however, yeast is more powerful so it's suggested that those with yeast infection takes acidphilius pills to fight the bacteria and help rebuild.
    - Eliminate all sugar products, including fruits, and products that contain yeast. A recommended diet would be, fresh vegetables, legumes, rice, beans, lean meats (like chicken or turkey), and plain yogurt. Plain yogurt tastes like sour cream, so if you don't want to eat it straight, you can put it on potatoes and it'll give you the same effect. Stay away from dairy products, but feel free to eat as many eggs as you want.

Good luck and try not to stay too worried, I know all of this from personal experience.

Oh, and if you get tested and it's not yeast but still irritated, keep in mind in what you're doing down there, soaps and perfumes can irritate the skin, go to a gyno and get looked at.
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Mar 11, 2010, 01:14 AM

I have the same thing I went to the doctor and said that was vaginal strep then I took penisillin and its still here. :'( I hate it and so wnt it to go away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge - what is going on now? - please help [ 4 Answers ]

I have been off the pill since Aug last year. In November my period was a week late but nothing came of it just lots of stress. I Know I have been really anxious because my friends who weren't even trying are now pregnant. I have been under a lot of stress because we have just bought a house & the...

Brown Discharge [ 3 Answers ]

We are trying to conceive, have been for the last 7 months. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle, this month 13 days after my period I started to have a dark brown discharge with small to medium size clots, no cramping. It continued for 6 days. Should I be concerned? Is this break through bleeding? And...

Brown discharge and no period? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I was hoping someone could help me. It's about my period, or should I say my non-existent period. My last period was in May about 7 weeks ago (from the last day) and I'm about 3 weeks late. I've been late before, but this time it's different. A few days ago I thought I had gotten...

Brown discharge, please help me. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and last week my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. Well, this was the very first time for me. And the last two times we've had sex, I would look down on the sheets and there would be this brown stain from me. I thought I had gotten my period the first time it happened and then it...

Brown Discharge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having brown discharge or spotting for a few weeks now. I have taken a pregnancy test twice and both times negative. I am on the pill as well. What could it be?

View more questions Search