Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yuyushea1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 06:42 PM
    How do you prepare a statement of canges in owner's equity?
    I am having a difficult time with this problem.
    If a company acquires another company from Canada whose only asset is a piece of land, how do I prepare a statement of changes in owner's equity?
    I also have to record the journal entries. I know how to make the conversion from Canadian to US money, and I think I know how to make the journal entry for the first year, but after that what do I do??
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:00 PM

1) Prepare a Balance Sheet before the event.
    2) Prepare a Balance Sheet after the event.

The difference in EQUITY will be portrayed
    By the two statements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owner's equity [ 1 Answers ]

The entries that transfer the balances of the revenue, expenses and drawing accounts to the Owner's Capital account are best known as...

Owner's equity [ 1 Answers ]

Accounts Payable... $ 62,500 Accounts Receivable... 123,000 Buildings... 418,500 Owner's Equity, 1/1/06... 210,000 Cash... 179,750 Distributions to owners during 2006... 21,750 Supplies.. . 3,750 Land.. . 130,000 Mortgage payable... 479,000 Net Income for 2006... 124,000

Owner's equity [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it important to keep paid-in capital separate from earned capital?

Owner's Equity [ 2 Answers ]

Im having a problem. I have an account set up as contributions, drawings, and personal use of home accounts. I have a retained earnings and current earnings and total equity account. My question.I made some errors and have corrected them. I put entries in the retained earnings that shouldn't have...

View more questions Search