Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frogygirl024 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 06:18 PM
    What should I do if my best friend doesn't want to be my friend anymore
    So me and my best friend got into a fight saying that I was ruinning her relationship with her boyfriend and that I was talking to him too much. So then she says she doesn't want to be my friend anymore what should I do about this
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 06:21 PM

Once the relationship with him ends, she will be back.

It's obviously not much of a relationship because otherwise she wouldn't be so jealous of you talking to him. As long as you haven't done anything for her to have reason to not trust you, then just relax and she'll come around.
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Mar 9, 2009, 09:16 PM

If she was his real girlfriend and your real best friends she wouldn't have so little trust in you that she feels the need to end something because you talk to her boyfriend. Her relationship won't last forever and she will be sad and have no one to turn to, unless your there. Talk to her, tell her she can trust you.. and not to let a relationship ruin a friendship.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 10, 2009, 12:30 AM

You need to try and have a real sit down, person to person talk with your friend. When dating comes into the picture emotions can run high and people tend to lose sight of what is most important in life. All that you can do is be the best person and friend that you can be, and let her know that you will be there for her, no matter what happens. Your friend seems to be dealing with deep insecurities, and whether she thinks she needs you, she does now more then ever. If she is truly your best friend then in the end everything will be okay.
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2009, 08:03 AM

I agree with nickomans she is overreacting like its her frist time having a boyfriend so wacth they won't be together for ever just ba happy and wait shell feel gulty and when she comes back help her or if she nevercomes back and becams a jerck she is not a real friend. Frinds come and go. But for her no frinds will ever come so they can't go and shell find out its just her so wait is all I can tell you to do.
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Mar 22, 2009, 02:35 PM

Talk to your friend. Explain to her that you don't want the friendship to end over a relationship.
    With that said, it won't hurt if you reduce the amount of communication between yourself and her boyfriend.

And, barbiechick, I tried to give you a greenie, but I've got to "spread the rep!" But good answer :)
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 09:53 AM
    There really isn't anything for you to do, respect her wishes.
    skyexyayx Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2010, 01:41 PM

That means she probably doesn't trust you
    Lanichu Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2010, 07:56 AM

I have to agree with some of the people. You need to have a talk with her and tell you how you feel. It's silly to end a friendship over a boy. Best friends should remain forever, a guy should never be in the way. If it's her boyfriend, maybe you should back off him and give him the space. Try spending more time with her, like shopping or sleepovers. Remind her of all the fun times of just you and her.
    ThatDudeDownTheLane Posts: 12, Reputation: -3

Mar 17, 2010, 08:44 PM

If she is really your best friend, guys shouldn't get in the way. They will! But they shouldn't. See, My best friend (who has a total of two best friends, me and this girl) is with a guy she really likes. Now her other best friend is worried she won't have a friend in the end of it all. My best friend is completely caught up with this guy, and tells ME everything about it. But not the other friend. The other friend has always been the hangout, sleepover, etc friend. I've been the "trust with everything" friend. The reason why your getting pushed away is because she is trying to find time for this guy. Its not that she doesn't want to be your friend, she just wants to get more "friendly" with this guy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got rejected by my friend and now she doesn't talk as much anymore [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I have been friends with this girl that I work with for a few months and when we first met we became friends because of her attraction to me. I am 24 and she is 18. I just got out of a relationship so I made it clear to her that I wasn't ready to move on yet but when I am I hoped she...

My best friend will NOT talk to me anymore. [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend won't talk to me anymore. She has always supported me in my football stuff and I have always supported her. Now she won't talk to me. We were having a conversation over Myspace and we were helping each other out with out problems. We had both said goodnight and then the next day, day...

Does my friend not like me anymore? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm not sure what to do in this situation but I became really good friends with a girl this summer and we hung out a lot. I honestly have no idea what happened but lately we don't hang out. I just really miss hanging out with her. We had a lot in common and would always be laughing about something....

I have a friend and she doesn't know what to do. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... seriously this is a friend. I'm not kidding, if it was about me I'd say so. So anyway.. I have this friend and she likes a younger guy. Hes all right looking (for a grade nine) but he is really really young for her... and I know it wouldn't seem so weird if we weren't in high school, but we...

Best friend who doesn't act like it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a best friend who has about 20 other friends. I'm new to the school, so I don't know those people as well as she does. It seems like she never wants to be around me, but when I confront her she just tells me that she's sorry, but she makes no attempt to change. She never invites me to sit...

View more questions Search