Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makapu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Where is Saturn ?
    Aloha... I am new to this site and I hope I wiil receive an answer... I am having trouble locating the planet Saturn in our evening Hawaiian sky... I located her in April and I bought a Planet/Star locator I am thinking (smell wood burning)
    Saturn is not visible this time of year for us... Thank you if you can help me.:)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2006, 04:02 PM
    Here's a sky map showing where Saturn is from Honolulu. Check out their home page for other maps from your area: http://www.fourmilab.ch/yoursky/
    Fianchetto Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Purchase this month's copies of "Sky and Telescope" or "Astronomy" magazines - they both have diagrams of the location and attitude of al the planets, but also the relative positions of the galilean moons of Jupiter and Saturns moon Titan
    normanmcgeoch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
    Go to whereissaturn.com and have a look, it describes step by step how to find and photograph Saturn in simple language. The main key is to have a good picture of what the night sky should look like and use a couple of stars from a known constellation in your night sky to lead you to where Saturn is. It will look like a slightly yellow star to the naked eye. Try using AstroViewer which is free to get a view of what your night sky should look like and go from there.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
    I was going to say you need to look past Uranus, but won't.
    I have Google Sky on My phone, a Free APP. And it is like looking through a window to the stars, and planets. Right now I see it is on the other side of the Earth in the Constellation Virgo.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 06:42 PM
    Correction,Saturn is closer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturn SW2 rough start [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced an alternator, battery, fuel filter, and had a tune up all within a week. The work was done at two separate mechanics. Everything seemed fine until it turned really cold. Now if the car has been sitting for more than a couple of hours, it starts up but runs really rough, and will...

Saturn [ 1 Answers ]

Obstacles needed to Saturn?

View more questions Search