Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilybet01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 12:18 PM
    My child is a danger to my family and I!
    I need help! The law says they can't put my daughter in jdc , I can't have her live with me, she has attacked me, and each of my other children. What do I do? Please help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 12:20 PM

What State and how old is she?

In many States you can take Court action to have her emancipated, out of your control and responsibility and out of your house.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 01:25 PM

If she has attacked you, why have you not had her arrested?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Is she mentally ill and not medicated?

You have left too much of the story out. We need details to help you better.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 01:43 PM
    If they are doing a crime, you call the police. At a juv court hearing, if you inform the case worker that you can not allow them back into the home, the state has little choice
    You needed an attorney at the time after the attack if you do not want the child back into the home
    Also where do you live ( nation ? US ? And if US what state)
    How old is the child
    lilybet01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Sorry I guess I did leave a lot out! I did file charges against her when she attacked her twin brother, domestic violence charges are pending, the prosecutor said she wouldn't get more than 30 days, if she got that, I went to children svcs. They won't help, I told the judge we weren't safe with her in our home and she said she would put her in jail for a week but that was it. We live in Ohio and she is 15 thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Have you had her mentally evaluated?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 06:59 PM

Once she does bodily harm to anyone in your family that would leave bruises or say she uses a knife and harms someone with that and draws blood or another weapon other than her hands, she could go to jail for 6 months. Call the police the next time she attacks someone. You did say she attacked you. How did she attack you?
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Mar 11, 2009, 07:05 PM

As weird as this may sound.. and I'm not just joking around, but why don't you go on the steve wilkos show? The man seems to know how to deal with these things. (but again I don't know how real it is)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlesnik33 View Post
    as weird as this may sound.. and im not just joking around, but why dont you go on the steve wilkos show? the man seems to know how to deal with these things. (but again i dont know how real it is)

Please keep in mind that this is a legal thread and people are seeking legal advice. This is not legal advice, joking around or not.

This is one step DOWN from quoting Judge Judy.

This is also an adult board and I noticed in your other posts you refer to friends and school. How old are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult child and family won't move out despite requests [ 6 Answers ]

We need to get my brother and his wife and 2 kids out of my mother’s home. He is 28, she is 24 and the kids are 4 & 5. My mother begrudgingly allowed them to stay with her “temporarily” (it was supposed to be for a month) while they looked for a new apartment and they have refused to make any...

Family law/child abandonment [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Georgia my daughters father left when I was 5 months pregnant. When she was born I filed for child support. Paternity was established and for the most part of the last 3 years (since her birth) has not paid or not paid on time, has some arrears, has gone to jail and court. Recently OCSS...

Unethical landlord is putting my family in danger [ 6 Answers ]

I recently just moved in with my boyfriend in, what we thought was a nice, roomy, but older apartment. We have only lived there for a month, and the first week we were there found several bugs that looked much like ticks.. . But not quite. I've grew up in a rural community, so definitely know a...

Signing over right's of a child to a non-family member [ 5 Answers ]

Wellthis is my issue. I can't have any kids. A old friend of mine go she self put in jail and it is going to be 25 years or so when she gets out... Yeah I know bad mother. Any way she has a 8 year old son that I help raise for awhile. While he is now living with his father and him and his wife...

View more questions Search