Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 27, 2006, 08:53 AM
    No Internet Movies
    I have Mozilla Firefox and whenever I try to play a movie or animated clip, Mozilla says,"Plugin not found" I have downloaded quicktime, iTunes, Flashplayer, Shockwave, realplayer, and have the most updated version of Windows Media Player.It's sort of starting to tick me off.:mad:
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2006, 12:49 AM
    Are you downloading the programs separately? Just doing that doesn't always mean a plugin for Firefox would be installed as well. Also, aren't you getting a bar popping down from under the address bar saying "install missing plugins"?

Might be worth checking here too: https://addons.mozilla.org/plugins/ . All the common plugins can be found there.

Aug 29, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Yes, the bar that says "instsll plugins" does come down. But when I click on it, I always have to do it manually which takes me to a site where you can download Quicktime, Flashplayer, etc. I believe the site you gave me is the one I have been taken to when I install manually.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2006, 04:28 AM
    It's interesting that it takes you to a site for Flash - that can normally be installed manually. When it takes you to that site - have you tried installing the plugins? (sorry if that sounded insulting but I thought it best to check)

What version of Firefox are you using and can you give me a site you are having trouble with.

Aug 30, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Yes, I believe I did download them all (at least I'm pretty sure) I also install it for windows, which is the type of computer I have.

Here is the site I go to when I press "Install Manually"

Here is an example of a movie I cannot view Note that I do not plan to watch any of these. I was just looking for an example
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2006, 12:57 AM
    It looks like you don't have the Windows Media plugin (for non-IE browsers) installed. The page you are going to is trying to play a video format that the other plugins can't handle and don't know what to do:

Reading from this page: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206216
    If you have the necessary plugins and get missing plugin alerts, then its likely that there is a media file that none of the plugins is configured to play.
    So, first - ensure you have at least Windows Media Player 9 installed. If you don't - go into Windows Update and download the latest version (or get it from that link Firefox sends you too). If that doesn't help - follow the steps on this page.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...p?t=206213#wmp

Aug 31, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    I have downloaded quicktime, iTunes, Flashplayer, Shockwave, realplayer, and have the most updated version of Windows Media Player.
    I have Most recent Windows Media Player

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two movies [ 3 Answers ]

I did ask about one of these movies before, but I thought I try again I believe this was a kids movie. All that I can remember was that this kid being locked in his room because he kept sneaking out of the house to visit to older man who fixed planes. I can only remember the scene where he is...

Movies.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I like horror movies but not really a vampire kind, most other type... Is there anyone can recommend me lots of horror movies "But" with lots of nudity and sexy... :D "But" not very erotic or having a sex scene... nudity is enough... :D Thanks...

Ron DVD movies [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I try to watch a DVD movie I keep getting TV out function enabled Error message F4D41436 Thx in advance, Lovingcuz

Old movies [ 2 Answers ]

Who played the monster , in frankenstien ? The old movie Thank you

Movies [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know who was originally asked to star in the 1959 version of Ben Hur?

View more questions Search