Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninukuna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 11:13 AM
    My dog likes only sausage…
    My dog is 4 years old…she has been a very picky eater from the very beginning…It was our first dog and we spoiled her as much as we could… she’s never eaten the dry food, she was eating Pedigree wet food only and you need to change it every time, because she gets bored and refuses to eat …also if the food is not completely fresh( just came form the can) often she won’t eat it… very often we have to dump the food form the bowl, because it has been sitting there too long and changed the color…sometimes she will go without eating 2 days…My husband freaks out and gives him the sausage every morning and calls it breakfast…our problem is, our dog doesn’t care for food at all, she doesn’t even eat all treats…ones in a while she likes some and can have 1 or to a day…
    We took her to the Vet, who said she’s not underweight and looks healthy…but we really are tired begging her to eat every day and dumping the expensive food to the trash –can every other day, but our most concern is, she’s not getting enough nutrition…I tried to give her some Vitamins, but she won’t eat them…
    Any suggestions?:(
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:30 AM

Basically what you are telling us that she has YOU trained? LOL That is a common mistake among first timers. YOU need to reeducate her. She needs to learn to eat her food, not table scraps. It might take some time to find a brand of food that she will eat, so be patient, but persistent.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:05 PM
    There is an extensive discussion of eating problems in the sticky.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:07 PM

Walls' sausages by any chance?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 06:23 AM

You could try putting something in her food, mix it with a little bit of warm chicken stock, and let it soak. A lot of dogs are fussy about eating cold food too and heating it up makes it smell a lot more appealing, just microwave the canned food, dogs are all about smell! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He acts like he likes me, but likes another girl too [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so there's this guy who I really like, and he works at the stable where I ride my horse. He talks to me on Facebook and used to say I'm hot, and call me babes. He even asked me to come to his football game once at my school. When we see each other in person though, he stares at the ground. He...

Sausage stuffing [ 1 Answers ]

How long to cook raw sausage bread stuffing outside the turkey for sausage to be done, and what temperature

My Belly's buldging, thigh's are huge, upper arms turned into sausage [ 1 Answers ]

THANKS FOR READING Well last year I was a good weight, 110. This year I am a whopping 140:eek:!! I just need a good diet. Something real, that I don't have to pay a million bucks for! Any ideas? I am good with sticking to something that I really believe will work;)

Sausage rolls/Bero cookbook [ 3 Answers ]

I am married to a Yorkshireman who has lived in the US for two years. I am desperate to have a recipe for sausage rolls and any other "Yorkshire" recipes. I also have tried to find a way to get a Bero cookbook with no success. Help please!

Sausage & peppers [ 1 Answers ]

Need a good recipe for sausage, peppers, and onions without red sauce, hope someone can help me out. Thank you

View more questions Search