Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 08:01 AM
    What is UP with digital cameras?
    Is it me?. someone needs to tell me. I can take pictures of myself on a webcam and I look relatively decent. But when I see myself on a digital camera I'm telling you.. it ain't good. I look chubbier... my face that is already round it HUGE. What is UP? Could it be that I am not nearly as cute as I once thought?? Naaaah. Couldn't be! :D

Seriously, has anyone out there had this problem or am I just pathetic and exceedingly vain.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Too close to the lens, makes a fish-eye effect.

And yes, you are vain.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Too close to the lens, makes a fish-eye effect.

And yes, you are vain.

Does this fall into the category of "Don't ask a question unless you really want to hear the answer"?

Funny.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 9, 2009, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Is it me????..someone needs to tell me. I can take pictures of myself on a webcam and I look relatively decent. But when I see myself on a digital camera I'm tellin ya..it ain't good. I look chubbier...my face that is already round it HUGE. What is UP? could it be that I am not nearly as cute as i once thought? .......????? naaaah. couldn't be! :D

seriously, has anyone out there had this problem or am i just pathetic and exceedingly vain.
    Don't call it vain! Call it Exceedingly into oneself!

As stated above your probably to close to the camera, as well it could be a setting in one of the menus that's giving you issues.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    dont call it vain! call it Exceedingly into oneself!

as stated above your probably to close to the camera, as well it could be a setting in one of the menus thats giving you issues.
    PLEASE... I'm not "into" myself... I was suppose to send a pic of me now to someone I hadn't seen in 25 years... an old flame who dumped me many moons ago. I wanted to look good. I know, I know... I am the female in the WORLD who thinks like that. :rolleyes:

Nk,

You are right.. I am vain. It isn't the fish eye thing that vexes me.. it is the chimpmunk face! Oh well. :p
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:08 AM
    The chipmunk face effect is indeed the fish-eye effect. If you have a tripod try using that with the timer on your camera.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:21 AM
    The chipmunk face effect is indeed the fish-eye effect. If you have a tripod try using that with the timer on your camera.
    Really? Thanks NK... you actually helped me. I think I'm frightened... lol ;) seriously, thank you!
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:24 AM
    That's what I do here, I help people. :)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:24 AM

Something's wrong with my camera, too. Every time a photo is taken of me, someone changes it with a photo of some old broad.

It's affecting my mirrors, too.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:26 AM
    I bet she's a fine old broad though.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:31 AM
    That's what I do here, I help people. :)
    Yeah but usually you are on the Christian board with the wrong info... lol. I try to help YOU to no avail tsk tsk. But alas... I will continue to set you straight. :p
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    Something's wrong with my camera, too. Everytime a photo is taken of me, someone changes it with a photo of some old broad.

It's affecting my mirrors, too.
    LOL... I understand! I'm seeing a chubby old broad... ugh! :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:42 AM
    LOL.....i understand! I'm seeing a chubby old broad.....ugh! :)

I would send him a photo of Angelina Jolie and skip the whole digital thing. Let him eat his heart out.

The same person messing with the digital cams has sometimes messed with my clothes, shrinking the waistbands so they are too tight.

We must track down and harm that person!
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:54 AM
    yeah but usually you are on the Christian board with the wrong info....lol. I try to hlep YOU to no avail tsk tsk. but alas.....i will continue to set you straight. :p
    Technical issues such as these have specific solutions. Religion does not have specific solutions and I like the way I am and the way my family is so I don't plan on changing. You can continue preaching all you want.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I would send him a photo of Angelina Jolie and skip the whole digital thing. Let him eat his heart out.

The same person messing with the digital cams has sometimes messed with my clothes, shrinking the waistbands so they are too tight.

We must track down and harm that person!
    LOL... I like that advise the best! Angie it is! :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:13 PM

Have you tried taking your Pic in B/W

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minolta MAXXUM 7000 film camera lens do the fit any of todays' digital cameras [ 3 Answers ]

I have a old Minolta Maxxum 7000 film camera and several lens. Do these lens fit any of today's digital camera's. I'm no longer a film buff and need my loom lens for a repeated work function... but not often enough to spend more then a $1500 for just the lens. Thank-you

Suitable digital cameras for my lense [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Nikon F75 (D75 in the US) film camera with two lenses: Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4-5.6G and Nikon AF Nikkor 28-100mm 1:3.5-5.6 G I would like to purchase a suitable Nikon digital SLR body with which I could use both of the above lenses. I appreciate answers with a list of Nikon...

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Digital cameras and X-ray machines [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about buying a digital camera for a trip to China in the near future. Do airport security machines, x-rays, effect the quality of the digital images? On a recent trip to Egypt I took a regular 35 mm camera and bought the film in Egypt. It was to no avail because every hotel...

View more questions Search