Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Sep 22, 2007, 01:08 AM
    Why does God allow birth defects?
    This link will take you to a question asked about why God allows birth defects. This site is great for answering Bible questions of all kinds even the tough ones. If yours is not on there then you can ask and they will email you an answer.
    Bible Questions Answered
    I have learned a lot from this site. They use Bible verses to support their answers so if you are still questioning it you can study further by using their leads.
    askahealer Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    .....the boulder in the middle of the path IS a part of the path.
    What a wonderful way to put it. I have learned to suspend judgment about what I think a situation is about because it is often only in hindsight that I realize the blessing within the so-called tragedy.

Boulders in the middle of the path force us to call on something greater than the ego-self to deal with them. Whether we go around, are lifted above, dig under, blast the boulder with spiritual intent and focus or just stare at it, we are progressing along our path as long as we stay conscious and aware.

Sometimes boulders have appeared in my life, specifically to stop me for a while. When I've been going, going, going like the energizer bunny because I don't want to see something, or deal with something, then sometimes God puts a boulder in front of me. When I am out of options, I will stop. I will surrender. I will listen for the still, small voice that I could never hear when I have my own little agenda.

As for physical challenges that seem cruel, I've seen a few in my work as a healer over the years. Yet, if I looked at the whole picture, I saw that children were coming in damaged to help their parents at times. How? By being the boulder in the road that forced the parent to open their heart in a new way; to call more upon Spirit for guidance; to recognize the sovereign mastery of each soul to choose their fate, including the little child in their arms.

And I agree that other children had their own spiritual mission, and their own reasons for coming into life with illnesses or congenital defects that made life much harder for them than for other children.

I'm seeing Stephen Hawking in my mind right now... He's a sublime example.

I am also thinking of a young girl I met. She is called Grandmother Chandra. I had an experience with her that reinforced my own memory that we choose our bodies, we choose our family, we choose our life's potential.

If life were an open book to us, there'd be no reason to be here. It's an adventure, filled with potential. It's the potential that we choose.

When does God step in? I believe we have free will so I feel Spirit waits for an invitation. The trouble with us, as humans, is that we sometimes don't like the answer God gives. Sometimes, it is in the highest interest of the souls involved, that the illness remain. We may not want to hear that. That's where faith comes in. If we know that the ultimate outcome is good, we can trust that the answer is always good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search