Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babes chicken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Diabetes Control
    Does a person who doesn't have diabetes always have a blood sugar reading that stays
    Below 120? Or can it bounce around up to 200 on the tester according to what you
    Ate?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 01:09 AM

Normal is 80 to l20 and should stay in that range if you are controlling your diabetes with diet. If it is higher, then you are not controlling your diet well enough and should be more carefule. Are you on meds as well ?
    lilbay Posts: 64, Reputation: 11

Mar 22, 2009, 05:27 PM
    If you are Not diagnosed with diabetes that your numbers will stay down below 120.

If it jumps to 200 There is something wrong and you need to have more tests (A1c tests can tell a good bit of info)of tests more often.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 08:57 PM

I you have the opportunity to test and are wondering:

You can test: fasting, 1 hr after breakfast, 2 hrs after, lunch, 1 hr after, 2 hrs after, dinner, 1 hr after, 2 hrs after and bedtime over about 3 days.

That will give a good clue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

What are the best signs to determine whether you have diabetes? It runs in my family and I don't know what symptoms to be looking out for to determine if I do. I am worried that someday I'm going to end up in the hospital because I was unaware of the possibility that I may have diabetes. What...

He Has Diabetes. [ 1 Answers ]

I've known very few people with diabetes so I did not know much about it. My boyfriend has diabetes and I still have confusion on this disorder. I worry about him a lot since he does wrestling and he often has to cut weight. He tries not to eat so much because of it which I understand can be...

Pre diabetes [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out I have pre diabetes. What is this? And what I can I do for this? What foods can I or cannot eat?:confused:

Help With Diabetes [ 5 Answers ]

What would you recommend as a herbal help for controlling diabetes?

Diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

My father has diabetes and wants some home made fudge... I make the fantasy fudge by kraft and have all the ingredients I have exchanged the sugar for splenda, I found some sugar free marshmallow dip (hope it works:o ) the only thing that Im not sure is instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips I...

View more questions Search