Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxgxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 08:19 PM
    I give up, life is to hard.
    I can't do this anymore life is to hard I just want to give up everything. I hate myself and it gets to the point where I can't even touch myself because I hate myself so much. Everyone had such high standards for me and I want to go far in life I really do but I see myself going no where, because I have no hope I don't believe in myself. When my mom told me she cheated On my dad I lost all faith in everything I realized I can't trust anyone and closed myself off from a lot of people. I wish I could be close to my mom I wish I could tell her how I feel but I can't. I can't let myself be close with get her anymore. Sometimes I wished iwas dead but I don't think I would ever kill myself.. I'm so stressed I just want to give up

I need motivation. I need hope. I need to know that everything will be OK.. or I don't know what I'm going to do.
    royboy74 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
    Well I am Not Sure What You Are Asking. I am sure there other people you can look up too. I remember a column in the paper once all problems no matter how big are tempoary and time will heal. Take care and I am sure everything will be better soon royboy74
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 11:46 PM

Hi, xxgxx!

What is the thing in your life that's bothering you the most, please?

If you keep sharing here, and I hope that you will continue to do so, I have friends on this site whom I can call into this thread who'll be able to give you awesome advice!

Thanks!
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Mar 10, 2009, 09:32 AM

Everything IS going to be OK. So you had some set backs, but its time to get back up, brush yourself down and get back up.

I can't do this anymore life is to hard I just want to give up everything
    -life is hard, no one said it is easy. If you give up then what are you achieving? Giving up gets you know where.

I hate myself- sounds to me like you have low self esteem, this can be improved.

Just because you mother cheated on your dad does not mean you should lose faith in everyone and yourself.

You have to realise that life is hard, and its never smooth, there is high and lows. But you have to make it the best you can.
    AlpineAnnie Posts: 77, Reputation: 13

Mar 11, 2009, 12:51 PM

You have no real reason to trust any of us as we're strangers, but I hope you'll at least try. Believe me when I say that the problems you are facing now seem huge to you but in just a few years you will look back and see it completely different. You don't sound like you're very old (not meant in a negative way) and there are some things that can really change your perspective if you're willing to put forth a little effort. If you are old enough to work -
    1 Try volunteering at a local nursing home or center for retarded citizens;

2. if you have an elderly neighbor, once a week - on a regular schedule - go to their house and sweep their walkway or do something else that you see needs doing - without getting paid or thanked. Just do the chore and go home.

3. Offer to fix dinner at home a couple of nights a week and then not only do it but plan it, cook it and clean up the kitchen after.

I realize that these sort of have nothing to do with your problem on the surface, but once you start doing one or all of these things or similar ones, you will begin to feel so good about yourself and will find yourself looking for other random acts of kindness to do. All of those things will really help mold the kind of young adult you sound like you want to be. Life really is fabulous. Without the bad times we really don't appreciate the good times. Teenage years are so tough all the way around. It honestly does get better. As bad as it may seem now, you will be an awesome adult!
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2009, 07:53 PM

Everything will be okay.
    yourman64 Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Mar 31, 2009, 07:07 PM

Look don't give up things will get better, life was the same way for me you just have to try
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2009, 07:17 PM

Life sucks sometimes, badly, it is not fair and it kicks us when we are down,
    Hope that has you feeling better??

But really life is often ups and downs, first you may not know, and may never know all the issues of what happened to your parents. And while it effects the family, it does not mean she does not love and care for you, a love of a parent is not the same as love between couples.
    I know it effects you, fighting at home, perhaps divorce and ruins a perfect world we plan out.

I would love to tell you that it will all be better tomorrow, but it won't be, not without work and of course time.

Have you talked to a school counselor, or your religious leader of your faith. Perhaps some friends at school even on how you feel.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxgxx View Post
    I can't do this anymore life is to hard I just want to give up everything. I hate myself and it gets to the point where I can't even touch myself because I hate myself so much. Everyone had such high standards for me and I want to go far in life I really do but I see myself going no where, because I have no hope I don't believe in myself. When my mom told me she cheated On my dad I lost all faith in everything I realized I can't trust anyone and closed myself off from a lot of people. I wish I could be close to my mom I wish I could tell her how I feel but I can't. I can't let myself be close with get her anymore. Sometimes I wished iwas dead but I don't think I would ever kill myself.. I'm so stressed I just want to give up

I need motivation. I need hope. I need to know that everything will be ok..or I don't know what I'm going to do.
    We have all been at the point of wanting to give up, and a lot of us are still there, I can't give you any advice about not hating yourself because that would make me a hippocrite(sp) I do however know how it feels to have standards placed upon you and the fear of failing to fulfill them, and also not being able to see the path which to want to be walking, but I've realised that living with that means that I'm not really a person, and neither are you, you need to live your life doing what you want to and not trying to live up to other peoples standards and then you'll feel a lot better about yourself.
    I once said something very similar to what you've said to a good friend of mine, about wanting to give up but not thinking that I would ever go through with my plans to kill myself and they told me that because I had told them this, that it was proof that I did not want to give up but that I was just tired of coping by myself and that I was calling out for help, which I think is what you're doing, so my advice to you is to tell people who you think you can trust with listening to you, or even tell people that you don't know or have never met, like your doing here and I'm confident that it will get better, maybe not fully gone, but you'll feel supported and that is what matters, that you won't feel alone.
    Wishing you the best of luck :)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 10:26 AM

x, Are you a young teenager?

Sounds like you need someone on your side to listen to your thoughts and wishes, someone to be a truly good friend to you. Can you find that person in your church or at school, a counsellor perhaps?

A parent shouldn't lay such a burden on you by confessing sexual antics... that is one of Dr. Phil's main teachings on having a happy family and raising happy children. A parent should bear his/her own burdens. A parent is supposed to be a healthy model of good behavior that shows a child how to become a happy adult.

It is very troubling that you have no positive view of the future. This is a time in your life that you should be trying out all kinds of things that life offers... sports, hobbies, studying your schoolwork, making friends, exploring sexuality... all the things that lay a base for your future life as an adult, you learing all about life. :)

Please get some help starting with a school counsellor so you don't miss out on all the stuff to do in your teen years. Don't let the negative, depressive feelings conquer you. Share your life, share your burdens.

Best wishes, :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does any hard money lender still give referral fee? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Oklahoma and I'm looking for a hard money lender that gives referral fees for submissions. I am also looking a lender that gives referral fees for lines of credit. Please let me know if there is anyone out there. Thanks.

Would you give your life for theirs? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My brother and I saw a movie a few years back and it goes something like this... There is a couple I can't remember if they were just in a relationship or if they were married, anyway the were having major problems in the relationship and I believe the female died and he prayed for the chance...

Should I give some mote time to try my marriage life [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I got married 2 yrs back. Till now I have not raised family life with my husband. He is not moving close to me. He is very specific in repeating I am not the wife he expected. He rarely speaks to me. We have spent little time together in sharing thoughts. I was very caring for him. I did my...

89 civic dx does not give sign of life [ 1 Answers ]

ok i have and 89 civic dx hatchback the car wont start i changed the main relay and the switch but still wont start i know the battery is good because the lights and the stereo go on and stuff but when i turn the key to "on" nuttin happens no crankin no nuttin..please guys i really need to get it...

My life is a mess! Can somebody give me a hand? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 37 years old and live in Switzerland and California as often as I can. Almost 2 years ago I met an American and we fell in love. (well, at least I fell in love, I'm not sure if he did, even though he told me so). We kept contact all the time but couldn't meet as often as we wanted to. I...

View more questions Search