Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsp975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Honeywell rth3100c Thermostat
    I am trying to change from a White Rogers thermostat to a Honeywell rth3100c. The old thermostat has a blue wire on X1 and a tan wire on E. Do both of these go on the E terminal on the honeywell?
    Mikie D Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 06:40 AM

1st you need much more information this is obviously a heat pump with emergency heat backup and I'm not sure if the 3100 is compatible I always use the honeywell pro 4000 with heat pump and its usually compatible with anything but the do have to be programed and it is on the paperwork that comes with the tsat also look at the a/h or furnace wiring and see the wires on the lettered terminal strip and that will tell you where they go god luck Mikie D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell RTH3100C thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my old mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C digital. My heatpump is an older Rheem. My wires are RED,YELLOW,GREEN, WHITE AND WHITE1. I connected the red,green,yellow to their respective terminals. I don't know what to do with the White1. The blower comes on and with the White...

Replacing Weathertron thermostat to a Honeywell RTH3100C [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown...

Honeywell Thermostat Installation RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a Honeywell thermostat RTH3100C the problem I'm having is the wires. I have red, green, orange, 2tan,blue, and a brown. Ok this is the letter they where on on the old themostat RED=R, GREEN=G, ORANGE=O, Tan1=W2, Blue=C, TAN2=E, BROWN=L. the thermostat has them.heat to. Need help fast...

Thermostat wiring Honeywell rth3100c [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Weathertron Thermostat Model # baystat239 and try to convert to Honeywell RTH3100c. Connecting to weathertron thermostat currently are x2-black o-orange g-green y-yellow t-brown r-red w-white

View more questions Search