Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christoria Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Outdoor outlets not working. HELP!!
    Hello,
    Here's my dilemma: I have 3 ooutdoor outlets along the back of my property. As far as I know all have worked up until this morning. There was a terrible storm yesterday where flooding, high wind and long periods of down pours were present; now none of the electrical outlets are working. I have a koi pond filter pugged in and without that outlet working neither will the filter (obviously). I am curious what I can do to find out what's causing this outage; or should I just call an electrician?
    NOTE: I have full power in my shed- lights and outlets all work and have checked my panel and nothing seems to have been tripped.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2006, 10:24 AM
    There most likely is a GFI devic someplace, can be anyone of the outlets, may be an outlet in the basement, at the panel, or even a bathroom. Or can be a GFI circuit breaker.

A GFI outlet has a test button and a reset button, a breaker usually has a large colored test button.

If water got into any of the outlets, the outlet is defective and should be changed.
    Christoria Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the info. Still troubleshooting. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFI outlets [ 6 Answers ]

I have an older home with no GFI outlets. What is involved in installing them, and how many do I need? Thanks, Roca

Outlets not working, idiot needs help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, we have a rather new house (3 years) and one day the outlet on our kitchen island stopped working. I checked the other outlets around the kitchen and found out that there was another one that was not working. After asking around I was told to check the following things in this order:...

Outlets not working [ 3 Answers ]

I posted a question a couple months ago about some outlets that aren't working in my house. I have done some further investigating and here is what I know as of now. The outlets that do not work are all on the same circuit - with the exception of one which is outside in the backyard. I have...

Outlets not working [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a new home and it seems that some of the outlets in our house have stopped working since we've moved in. They are just regular outlets in the living room and also the outside outlets are not working. Is this a problem for a licensed electrician or is there something I can do to fix...

No power to outlets! [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently noticed that one of the bedrooms outlets and the switches in the adjacent half bath were not getting any power... they worked just fine earlier in the day. The light in the bedroom works fine but the outlets do not. I checked all my breakers traced them and they all seem to do...

View more questions Search