Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jarrettaf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 09:19 AM
    T-stat not working
    I have a digital t-stat and it went blank so I have no a/c. I ohmed all the wires leading to the t-stat and they checked out OK. I checked the secondary side of the transformer and it checks out. I changed the t-stat and it still doesn't work. There is a diode between some wires but I'm not sure if that could be the problem. Please give me something else to look for.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Some digital thermostats have small batteries in them for the program, lose battery can lose the program, or all functionality of the stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell stat to braeburn [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honeywell stat t8734c1432. I replaced it with a braeburn 5000. I have a staights cool outside condenser and a gas furnace in the attic. I have no heat after changing the stats. The honeywell is a 4 wire stat with a jumper between the y terminal and terminal 1. white is to w, red to r,...

Amana vs honeywell stat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

My system consists of a heatpump(amana ) / air /gas furnace. I'm presently using an amana stat (T874tg189910574101 ) and plan on changing to a Honeywell 7400 5-1-1. The amana stat uses terminals: e jumpered to w2 with tan wire , g , c / x , r , y , and o. The honeywell diagram only shows 5 wires...

Thermo stat wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

My LUX thermostat and wiring has a red wire and a white wire. My HEIL furnace is labeled R G W Y G. Does the red go to R & white to W? I'm not sure and don't want to cause any damage! Thanks for any help!

Need help with H-Well T8624D t-stat [ 5 Answers ]

I'm working at a non-profit in New York City. Recently I purchased three Honeywell T8624D's to replace our Honeywell T874D's. Then we'll have programmed on and off times and I won't have to go into each mechanical rooms to tend to the units. The wiring looks very straightforward and I tried...

View more questions Search