Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phili28 Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Mar 8, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Scan at 12 weeks
    Hi.

I'm 9 weeks, my first scan is at week 12.
    Is that too early to make out the sex??

How far in the pregnancy can you make out the sex?

Thanks.
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2009, 10:40 AM

I think you can find out at 16 weeks. Technology changes so much these days you never know.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 8, 2009, 11:16 AM
    12 weeks is way too early to tell. 16 weeks, well maybe. Most of the time the scan for the sex is done around 18 to 20 weeks, but that is still not guaranteed. I have seen many a little girl (by the scan) born with boy parts and visa versa.
    phili28 Posts: 66, Reputation: 0

Mar 8, 2009, 01:14 PM

Yea thought it was too early.

Does not matter anyway. As long as he/she is healthy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

Vaginal scan at 20 weeks [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have always heard that a vaginal scan is necessary only during early pregnancy or when there is something to worry... yesterday I had my 20 weeks ultrasound and after the abdominal scan the sonographer also performed the vaginal scan. When I asked her if this is normal procedure or is it...

First Scan [ 16 Answers ]

I have my first scan on the 2nd may when I will be 13weeks. Im not too sure on what to expect! Any ideas?

View more questions Search