Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gimik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 05:02 AM
    99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping.
    When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking.

Did any body knows what's going on? Please help.

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 12:24 PM

Attach a code reader or scan tool to the Data Link Connector under the dash. Many auto parts stores will do this for free. One or more codes will be stored in the ECM. Record the codes and let us know what they are. From there, we should be able to provide further guidance.
    gimik Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 08:09 AM

My friend did the code and he said need to replace the spark plugs, wire and the distributor cap. So I replaced them and the car ran fine, back to normal. About the Code I did not know and he did not tell me what was it.

Thanks for your answer.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 08:16 AM

The code may have indicated misfires, due to worn spark plugs.
    marta80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 05:27 AM
    maybe your problem is the cold air intake. I had a similar issue with my car, a car that was bought two years ago. I had an offer, a <a rel="follow" href="http://www.partsgeek.com/parts/cold_air_intake.html">Discount Cold Air Intake</a> and change it. You have to discuss this with a auto mechanic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda civic, Check Engine Light Blinking [ 1 Answers ]

A few months ago maybe over a year. I changed the Spark Plugs on my 1999 Honda Civic and the check engine light came on. The car was driving rough and when I stop on red light the car makes even a rougher sound. A few days later my car went back to normal and I turn off the check engine light by...

Check engine light on a 97 honda civic [ 6 Answers ]

What are some of the reasons for the check engine light to come on in a 97 honda civic , I have already changed the upper and lower o2 sensors ?

Honda Civic Check Engine Light [ 15 Answers ]

I have a great running 1997 Honda Civic HX that has an issue with the check engine light coming on at random times. I have taken to the dealer and all they are able to do is clear the codes. Not able to read or diagnose. Connection error comes up on the OBDII diagnostics. I have noticed no...

97 honda civic ex check engine light [ 2 Answers ]

Used to come on after raining and then go out after a few drives. Now, has remained on. Neighbor hooked a diagnostic computer up to it and it didn't relay any codes. Removed the fuse (fuse 7.5) for 10 seconds and light still remains on. Any other suggestions?

Honda civic 01 engine check & srs light [ 0 Answers ]

My srs dummy light has been on 4 about 2 weeks now, and today check engine light is also on car seems sluggish and once it almost died. Please help also should I not drive it at all?? Thanks helpless in w. sac::confused: :( :eek:

View more questions Search