Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 06:36 PM
    2003 murray lawn tractor deck belt won't stay on
    I have a 2003 Murray Lawn Tractor, model #425007x92c. Whenever I engage the blades, the belt gets looser, and when they're disengaged it is tighter. It's a new belt and I know that it's the right one. I followed the diagram to put it on. What else could be causing the belt to not fit right?

Thanks for your help.

Tony
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 07:01 PM

Either you installed wrong or it's the wrong belt. There just isn't much else to explain this issue. The most common error is getting the belt on the wrong side of the tensiopner pulley. Here is the manual and I think the belt stuff is around page 342. http://bsintek.basco.com/MDEXResults...ekmAEQLnfBhU7y

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace my mower deck belt for a 38 inch cut sears craftsman lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

How do I replace a mower deck belt on my sears craftsman lawn tractor model # 917.254940

Murray Lawn Tractor problems with belt replacement [ 4 Answers ]

I was wonder if I need to remove a part to replace the belt on my Murray Lawn Tractor. The model number is 42515X92B or the part number is 37X88. Thanks for help in advance

Craftsman 2 lawn tractor v-belt for drive not mower deck size [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know the belt size for a craftsman 2 lawn tractor model# 917255911. The drive belt not the mower deck belt.

Changing Deck Belt on Craftsmand Lawn Tractor II [ 4 Answers ]

I need help putting on a deck belt on my Craftman II riding lawn mower.

View more questions Search